2nd single now out as well, Tranquility

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nice bit of the blues there. Lyrics are a bit cheezy though. One of the hallmarks of traditional southern blues is that the words are usually slurred and occasionally unintelligible. In this case, the words are all clipped and crisp and properly pronounced sounding somewhat forced and academic.

It's a nice attempt but it lacks the tone of an authentic American blues song.

Take this with a grain of salt though. Not every cut on an album can be an A side single and you may still find an audience who loves this song the best on the whole album.

Myself, I preferred your first cut over this one. ;)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
That's a great song Hansi! :) It sounds very polished, and it's pretty catchy too. Have you seen the TV series Firefly? It sounded like something you'd hear on that.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

The song originally wasn't this type of bluesy slide, more of a southern hard rock but our producer had the idea to bring in a slide guitarist and it really improved the whole image of the song. Of course this song isn't for everyone and the singer of course isn't really a southern blues singer but thanks for the points Gary.

Thank you Becky. I haven't really seen those shows but I might check them out.

Reaction score
loved it

"salem witches" were not witches, they were victims of religious false judges but I really love the attempt to capture the deep pit of feminine deception and actual witchcraft

Ask a Question