Accomp Function and Chords voice type

Reaction score
Hello all ,

I am new to this forum. I have Yamaha PSR I455 .. While using accomp function to play chords with only one key, I get the voice of chords as standard chord voice. Can I have chord sounding with different types of voice ( e.g Guitar,Piano or Harmonium , Voice types ) with this function of using only one or two keys to play, most of the chords. I could not figure it out from the owner's manual. Will appreciate your advice.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you turn on the Split function, the chords will be played with the Split Voice, letting you pick whichever Voice you want for the chords.

If Split is turned off, I honestly don't know what determines which Voice(s) will be used, because changing the Style doesn't do anything (assuming Style is turned off), changing the Main Voice doesn't do anything* (so it doesn't seem to be a default associated with the Main Voice), and changing the Split Voice doesn't do anything (assuming Split is turned off).

* Note: Selecting one of the "Left" Arpeggio Voices will turn on the Split function, in which case it does change the sound of the chords.

Ask a Question