Affordable keyboard with best electric guitar sound

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Oasys.... The whole point of developing that machine was around trying to emulate guitars or something...

The Y-man
yes but i think it's not worth it at all, too expensive, despite being a great machine

Reaction score
Reaction score
For me, no hardware synth can produce a believable electric guitar sound, except the Yamaha VL1 (which was duophonic) that thing blew me away but at the time it cost £4K. There are some great Kontakt electric guitar libraries now which are super realistc both rhythm and lead wise. The sample library I have in mind is this: http://www.orangetreesamples.com/strawberry-electric-guitar

Check out the demo's on youtube. Really amazing script driven control from Kontakt. Next best thing to actually playing electric guitar. I do actually play electric guitar but I would love to play with this sample library as there are things you can do on a keyboard which would be very very hard to execute on a real guitar.

Reaction score
I don't know how advanced technology has gotten, but I also play guitar. The chords are going to be an issue since the note you need to play for the chords, unless they're power chords, are going to vary from the chord on the piano.

There are some VIs now, like this one: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Electri6ity/ that change the piano chord to a guitar position. Here's a video of the solo sound:

Yes you do have to "think like a guitarist." It really helps to be familiar with the instrument. The same with using any VI or instrument emulation on the keyboard.
Slayer 2 from reFX can be had for $80 - 1/4th the price of Electri6ity. Electri6ity *may* sound better, but probably not 4X better :D

I use Slayer 2 and its certainly passable.

Reaction score
I have Electri6ity now, bought it a month ago and really like it. The built in Amp and FX are decent enough for some lead playing but a dedicated guitar amp/fx package like Guitar Rig, Amplitube or Peavey Revalver makes Electri6ity sound very real for rhythm playing as well. The demo's on the Vir2 website are very realistic. I've always been dead set against guitar samples but this library uses an intelligence engine to help phrase what you play to the fretboard accurately. I recommend it. I did a little demo jam and posted it up on the music section and used Electri6ity for the lead sound.

Ask a Question