Audacity keeps repeating first chord in auto-accompaniment

Reaction score
I have started using Audacity for recording.
I notice that when I use the auto-accompaniment feature (with chosen style and voice), the recording would be OK but the style's first chord played keeps repeating over the rest of the music and later chords messing up the whole outcome.
My question: why does this chord keep droning on? How can it be stopped please?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you recording yourself playing "live," or are you recording the playback of a User Song?

Do you have a Sustain pedal or footswitch plugged into the keyboard?

Reaction score
I am playing myself 'live' and I do have a foot switch plugged into the keyboard.
I should mention that the user songs (Yamaha's as well as my own) record OK.
I use the Alesis audio interface with its two output jacks connected to my keyboard (via a y-cable or splitter) and the other end directly to the USB port bypassing the sound card.

When Audacity is not on, my playing and the accompaniment match nicely.
So I was expecting a like reproduction in Audacity. There is of course a small 'latency' (time lag) but the first chord keeps echoing over the rest of the music, spoiling the whole recording.
It is as if my accompaniment doesn't quite keep pace with the striking of the keys.

Reaction score
Happy to say my problem is solved.
In the Yamaha keyboard PSR E413 (and may be others), the auto-accompaniment feature requires the keys divided at a SPLIT POINT, the default being key 54 (first F sharp below mid-C).
I had unknowingly crossed my chords into the Right side (melody section), creating these odd repetitive pattern of notes.
I moved the Split Point to key 60 (mid C) and kept my chords to the left segment.
The recording is then fine.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to figure that out, as I probably wouldn't have thought of it! :)

Ask a Question