Can I load sounds from a wk3300 into a new Wk7600?

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I sold my wk3300 and bought the wk7600 thinking that it would inlcude the same sounds.
I like the new keys grand pianos and rhodes but Im missing a lot of sounds from the WK 3300 specially FM pianos. And also drum rhytms.
I was wondering if there is a way:

Find ,download tones from the wk 3300 since I sold the keybaord to a guy from another city

Load those sounds and rythms into the WK7600 via SD or USB. That would make it my perfect keyboard

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I sold my wk3300 and bought the wk7600 thinking that it would inlcude the same sounds.
I like the new keys grand pianos and rhodes but Im missing a lot of sounds from the WK 3300 specially FM pianos. And also drum rhytms.
I was wondering if there is a way:

Find ,download tones from the wk 3300 since I sold the keybaord to a guy from another city

Load those sounds and rythms into the WK7600 via SD or USB. That would make it my perfect keyboard
Hello in response to your question I just purchased the wk 7600 myself it's a nice board the only way I can think of is to direct you to the mic Jacks in back connect line out of old board connect to the mic or line in once hooked up press Audio Record lite will flash. Press again and it's ready to record and save then you copy it to your system then you might be able to edit try that

Reaction score
fede

While the new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards will import Rhythm (style) files from the older models, the older tone files are totally incompatible with the new sound engines and can not be imported. The new sound engines use wave shaping parameters that the older sound files do not have. In the case of Rhythm files, if you want factory preset Rhythm files, your problem will be getting them off the old model to begin with. I have not yet seen a way to do that. As far as I know, none of the older models have a Rhythm editor where you can bring up a rhythm and save it as a User Rhythm and then export it, and to my knowledge, Casio has never made factory preset rhythm files available for download anywhere, but there are over 100 Casio designed after market rhythm files for the older units on the Casio International site that can be downloaded and used on the newer models. These are in the old .CKF format, but the new models will accept them as-is and automatically convert them to the new .AC7 format:

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex4/rhythm.html

They are free. It will just cost you some time. They can not be bulk downloaded. You have to download them one-at-a-time.

Chozenonetwo

What you are describing is known as "sampling". The audio recorder on the WK-7600 is exactly that - a recorder for recording songs - like a standard recorder. It can not be used to "sample" sounds and spread them across the keys to be played like a "tone".

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just spitballing here Ted.

Would it be possible to record the rhythms in a DAW as MIDI data and then tediously edit them each by hand to convert them to WK 6X-7X Rhythms afterward?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary

The Casio rhythm files are MIDI files, but they are Casio proprietary MIDI files. You can't just take a MIDI phrase and give it an .AC7 file extension and get it to work. There is other required data. I do not know what Casio calls this "other" data, but Yamaha calls it "the CASM". Among other things, it tells the keyboard how to handle different types of chords - majors, minors, 7th's, and so on for that particular rhythm and is dependent on the specific melodic passages for the various parts. Without out that, the rhythm will not play correctly in all situations. Writing CASM type data is a programming language all its own, and there are several folks on the Yamaha arranger forum who have spent a good portion of their adult lives reverse engineering Yamaha styles and learning it.

Anyway, there is an old converter program on the web that will convert MIDI files to the old .CKF Casio rhythm file format, and then the keyboard itself will convert the .CKF format to .AC7 when it loads it, but it is really tricky. There are several guys over on the Casio Music Forum that have tried it. The tedious part is getting the various sections, intro, main, fill, ending, properly marked in the DAW. If a section tag is off by as much as one clock tick it screws up the entire file, and deciding where the tags go is kind of like shooting in the dark. Of the several who have tried it, a couple gave up in utter frustration, and the third was successful, but said he would never try it again. For the amount of time and effort required, the failure rate is entirely too high. About a year ago, I spent 3 weeks using a software program written specifically for trimming sections from large Yamaha style files to run on Yamaha boards that require smaller files (one intro and ending instead of 3, two mains instead of 4, etc), and I was never able to get that working. CASM type data is non-MIDI data, so the typical DAW or editing program throws it away. Then, when you save your efforts, there is no longer any CASM type data, so the file won't work.

So, back to your original question, Yea it's possible with enough blood. sweat, and tears.

Last edited:

Ask a Question