Casio AZ-1 Repair Manual

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the Casio AZ-1 keytar repair manual? They are the best keytars out there but... if anything goes wrong, you're sunk. Mine has a pitch bend wheel problem that results in it playing my Kurzweil about 1/4 semitone sharp. It's aggravating. My guess is that the pot is out of adjustment, but I have no idea how to adjust it. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Ah yes... I know the feeling. EXACTLY know the feeling haha.
Check your PMs! :)

Reaction score
Hi, guys.
I've got a AZ-1 too. But 3 month ago, I've burned it up with too much voltage.
Now I need a Repair Manuual too. Ohhh, shit. I'm losing so much engagements.

Can anybody help me? ...there's no problem to spend some money.
Greetz,TonyB.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here. I could use a repair manual too. If anyone needs the owner's manual, I'd be glad to share that. What I most need is a replacement for the main chip, a D78C11G030. It is the big, square, gray chip on the main circuitboard under the keyboard. I wish everybody luck with their AZ-1s; but if you can't get it working and decide to scrap it and sell parts, please contact me. It's probably best to do so at (e-mail address removed) . Thanks, Guitarshrink

Reaction score
Goodness...

I hereby call to order the first annual meeting of the Owners of Botched or Broken Casio AZ-1 Remote Midi Controllers Club!

Ladies and Gentlemen, you may now take your seats :D

Right.. actually, stuff the "annual" part :p

First off, cool poses time! I hope you've allllll been practising!

Anyway, seriously, I'll send a PM your way guitarshrink very soon.

Reaction score
another broken az-1 owner here. AdamGBB, can you PM me with your magical wealth of casio-fixing wonderfulness? Thanks!

Reaction score
another broken az-1 owner here. AdamGBB, can you PM me with your magical wealth of casio-fixing wonderfulness? Thanks!

I really think you're giving me more credit than I deserve. :eek: It's hardly a "magical wealth", and it won't mean you will actually succeed in getting it fixed. Nonetheless, except a PM within 24 hours! Hopefully I can be of some assitance.

Anyway.... good GRIEF. This has got to be the only thread of its kind on the internet... surely :p

Reaction score
Hi, guys.
I've got a AZ-1 too. But 3 month ago, I've burned it up with too much voltage.
Now I need a Repair Manuual too. Ohhh, shit. I'm losing so much engagements.

Can anybody help me? ...there's no problem to spend some money.
Greetz,TonyB.

hi Gladys here if you find anything let me knoe please same problem here in Puerto Rico

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of testing out an AZ-1 to see if I want to buy it from this guy and I LOVE IT but it has one problem. I will be playing and all of a sudden it will lower the pitch by a whole step and the pitch bend will stop working. What's weird is that if I mess with the definable slider right to the left of the digital display and kind of push in, the pitch will pop back up and the pitch bend wheel works. I've tried changing the function of that definable slider, but it doesn't help, and every time I do that, that is the thing that fixes it when it lowers itself like that. This seems like something that would be easily fixed, just some connection that's getting made when i push down on that slider. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
oh lawd, spam attack :eek::mad: grr

So anyway, I don't know to really assist you, but I'll reply to your pm :)

Reaction score
Holy Smokes, (literally)
Yeah, I have one that I fried with the wrong wall-wart. I desperately could use a manual,too!!! Are you still in a merciful mood, AdamGBB ?
I've had four AZ-1's. 2 were stolen, the one I fried, & another that I paid way too much for on eBay. I guess I must like 'em....

Reaction score
Hello Everybody! I'm very sad that i couldn't fix my partially working AZ-1 to a 100% working condition. Please somebody send me the repair manual! The display doesnt show any characters and when i try to use the aftertouch the casio sends very abnormal midi messages. If anybody could know how to fix these send me a pm. THANKS!

Reaction score
Hello first post here and its about my broken az-1. I doubt im worthy but AdamGBB, can you PM me some extremely appreciated help in the form of a manual, i just found one of these sitting in the darkness wanting to be abused but need to know what im doing first.

thanks in advance as any help is appreciated

Reaction score
And another AZ-1 User in the need of help. :D

All in all everything works fine, except the "A" key has some kind of "reversed attack response". Means, if i press the key soft, i get a loud tone and the harder i play the quiter it gets.
All other keys work perfect, it's just this one that is reversed.

Is there something i can do against? Will the magic repair manual help me to solve this?.

Oh AdamGBB, please show me your magic. :eek:

Greetz

Myke

Reaction score
Does anyone here have the AZ-1 service manual/schematics? A friend of mine have a concert tomorrow and his AZ-1 just stopped working. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
I am another person in need of the repair manual or at least a schematic. AdamGBB I hope your still around !

I picked up a dead AZ-1. Diagnostics confirmed its mortally wounded. I am seeing 9V on pin 32 (should be the V+ pin I believe -- I could not find a datasheet for the D78C11G) If so, then all the chips are probably fried. So, if true, I am, about to embark on a project that may interest other AZ-1 owners. I will re-power the AZ-1 with 3rd party midi boards. I should be able to retain almost all of the existing functionality exccept ability to define functionality assignments from the keyboard itself. The midi boards I am considering require that you configure and download to them and reboot. Right now I am estimating about $250. USD to re-structure as i am planning to use two different boards daisey chained to accomplish the goal. If others are interested, i will photo document the process and make it available. Please let me know. Thanks !

Reaction score
This thread again!
Hardly still around. I only just learned there was a thread reply in an email, heh. I'll send you a pm

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I joined because of the mention of a service manual for the AZ-1.

I'm planning to buy one but I don't want to take the risk unless I have the manual first.

Is the offer to send it still available?

Graham.

Ask a Question