casio ctk-7000 rhythms

Reaction score
How do I change the rhythms on this keyboard?

I bought this keyboard a while back and I'm pretty basic when it comes to the tech part. I found a few presets that I like and saved them to the banks. I play a lot on my own so I like a left hand bass preset and then vary the right hand. Right now I have three in the bank: piano/bass; drawbar organ/bass; and electric piano/bass.

These all do fine for me and I was playing them to the rhythms of my Boss drum machine. However, I'm going into the hospital for a month.(Bone marrow transplant. High "yuck" factor). They said I could bring my keyboard with me. So I want to go through the preset rhythms that are in the keyboard and match them up with the songs I want to play.

I can't find how to get to the various rhythms! I've looked in the manual. When I hit the START/STOP button I can get rhythm 1 to play at 120 beats per min and have no idea how to get to another rhythm or change the tempo once I get there.

I'd appreciate any help.

Reaction score
See Page 24 of the manual for selecting rhythms and use the " v Tempo ^ " buttons (shown in the L1 - L18 section on Page 4 of the manual) to set the tempo.

Good luck with the transplant. Will be looking forward to hearing from you on how things are going - both with the transplant and with the keyboard !

Reaction score
See Page 24 of the manual for selecting rhythms and use the " v Tempo ^ " buttons (shown in the L1 - L18 section on Page 4 of the manual) to set the tempo.

Good luck with the transplant. Will be looking forward to hearing from you on how things are going - both with the transplant and with the keyboard !

Thanks for replying but the answer isn't on page 24. The keyboard is on and L 4 has been chosen. Synth pop is now my rhythm. If I use the dial the keyboard preset switches, the rhythm preset does not. It remains on synth pop. How can I get to other rhythm presets?

Reaction score
Thanks for replying but the answer isn't on page 24. The keyboard is on and the L 4 button has been pushed. I now have synth pop at 120bpm selected. If I use the dial the keyboard setting changes, the rhythm does not. How do I get to the rest of the rhythms?
BTW I don't want auto accompanied chords either. Just the drumbeats.

Reaction score
I called Casio and after being disconnected twice and waiting ten more minutes I got David who answered my question.

When you turn the keyboard on the screen reads tone 001 and rhythm 001. If you turn the dial it starts changing the tone presets. To change the rhythm preset you have to push one of the rhythm buttons A -- F Even if its already lit up. Then you can use the dial to access the other rhythms. When I started the rhythm button was already lit up. Who knew I had to push it again?

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. I had the same problem when I first got my 7500. I am not sure that is covered anywhere in the manual. Sorry I did not pick up on that with my last post. As a tip: note when you first power up the keyboard that the brackets around the word [[ TONE ]] are HEAVY compared to the brackets around the word [ RHYTHM ]. This indicates that you are in TONE selection mode rather than RHYTHM selection mode. Those HEAVY brackets [[ ]] are your "cursor", indicating what is selected for changing or editing. Once you press one of the RHYTHM genre buttons, the HEAVY brackets now surround the word [[ RHYTHM ]], and the LIGHT brackets surround the word [ TONE ]. That carries throughout the 7000/7500's entire menu system, so any time you are in a selection menu, if the HEAVY brackets are not surrounding what you want to edit or change, you will need to press some other button or combination of buttons until the HEAVY brackets (the cursor) surrounds whatever it is you want to edit or change. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah thanks Ted. I knew it couldn't be anything TOO difficult but when you read the manual and you fool around for a half an hour and are still scratching your head, time to look for some help.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention above that some menu items have a heavy blue dot to the left of the selected item as well as the heavy brackets, but as fate would have it, TONE and RHYTHM selection are not any of those items.

Hey - more importantly - will you be taking a laptop or tablet to the hospital with you so you can stay in touch if you need some more help or tips while you are there ? Don't forget your headphones ;-)

Reaction score
I will be taking a laptop, tablet and headphones. Gonna try to sneak my guitar in there too. I'll be sure to log in when I need more help. Take care.

Reaction score
How do I change the rhythms on this keyboard?

I bought this keyboard a while back and I'm pretty basic when it comes to the tech part. I found a few presets that I like and saved them to the banks. I play a lot on my own so I like a left hand bass preset and then vary the right hand. Right now I have three in the bank: piano/bass; drawbar organ/bass; and electric piano/bass.

These all do fine for me and I was playing them to the rhythms of my Boss drum machine. However, I'm going into the hospital for a month.(Bone marrow transplant. High "yuck" factor). They said I could bring my keyboard with me. So I want to go through the preset rhythms that are in the keyboard and match them up with the songs I want to play.

I can't find how to get to the various rhythms! I've looked in the manual. When I hit the START/STOP button I can get rhythm 1 to play at 120 beats per min and have no idea how to get to another rhythm or change the tempo once I get there.

I'd appreciate any help.

Question:
1. Anyone can help me getting more Indian rhythms for my CTK 7000? I know there are some extra Indian rhythms in CTK 7300IN , which is not available in North America.

Panchi

Reaction score
Panchi

You need to establish contact with someone who owns a CTK-7300IN. Have them load the preset Indian Rhythms, that you are interested in, into the Pattern Sequencer, as though they were going to edit them, and just save them as User Rhythms. Once they are saved as User Rhythms, they can be exported directly to the SD Card on the keyboard or via USB to a computer with the Data Manager 6.1 software. From there, they can be emailed to you or posted somewhere so that you can download them and install them on your CTK-7000 as User Rhythms. Be advised that those Rhythms may use Indian Tones that that your CTK-7000 does not have, so for the new Rhythms to sound correctly, you would need to obtain those Tones in a manner similar to the Rhythms, then point your new Rhythms at the new Tones once you have everything loaded on your CTK-7000.

Good luck !

Ask a Question