Casio CTK-7000

Reaction score
I've purchased new Casio CTK-7000.
How to get most of that...
Actually i'm new to that sort of keyboad...
I don't know what is pattern, editor, sequencer and all.
help me....!!!
:confused::confused::confused:

The Y_man

Reaction score
Gee..... where to start.....

Ok, the main things.

First, there are a group of buttons ot the left of the main screen labelled Rhythms.

These have drum beats.

When you play a chord with your left hand (and the Auto accompaniment is on), the key board also plays backing music. This is called a Rhythm Pattern.

The buttons to the right of the screen are called Tones. They basically let you choose the sound of the "min instrument" you play wiht your right hand.

Both Rhythm Paaterns and Tones can be changed (to varying degrees) using the Pattern Editor and the Tone editor.

As for the Sequencer, it is used to record your performance - so if you play something on the keybord, it lets you record it, and play it back later. It also let's you edit what you played, if you make mistakes etc.

Follow the instruciton book from Chapter one - it takes you through step by step how to get the most from the unit.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Well said Y-man,

The biggest problem however is reading the manuals of any keyboard-brand. They don't explain the jargon and they send you from one page to another to another to another to see page sussemeso.

Bite the bullit monu. etc. you will learn it but it takes some time you will also learn to like the keyboard.

Reaction score
Gee..... where to start.....

Ok, the main things.

First, there are a group of buttons ot the left of the main screen labelled Rhythms.

These have drum beats.

When you play a chord with your left hand (and the Auto accompaniment is on), the key board also plays backing music. This is called a Rhythm Pattern.

The buttons to the right of the screen are called Tones. They basically let you choose the sound of the "min instrument" you play wiht your right hand.

Both Rhythm Paaterns and Tones can be changed (to varying degrees) using the Pattern Editor and the Tone editor.

As for the Sequencer, it is used to record your performance - so if you play something on the keybord, it lets you record it, and play it back later. It also let's you edit what you played, if you make mistakes etc.

Follow the instruciton book from Chapter one - it takes you through step by step how to get the most from the unit.

The Y-man

:)

Dear Y-man

I got somewhat i needed.

I'll also appreciate if you could tell me more about this keyboard
take me the novice of keyboard jargons and technology.
can you tell me all the things from the opening...if you plz.

Reaction score
Dear DickR
well said...
as the passage of time i'll get to learn it...
meanwhile the guys like you help me...in my journey towards learning the keyboard..
i'm just novice to keyboards...
from my childhood i've dreamt about a nice keyboard than that of i used to have in my 1st standard but i could not get the nicer one. one by my own salary I've purchased this CTK-7000...
But i don't know about what is chord,tone, major ,minor etc...as i couldn't go to learn these...

Reaction score
Dear DickR
well said...
as the passage of time i'll get to learn it...
meanwhile the guys like you help me...in my journey towards learning the keyboard..
i'm just novice to keyboards...
from my childhood i've dreamt about a nice keyboard than that of i used to have in my 1st standard but i could not get the nicer one. one by my own salary I've purchased this CTK-7000...
But i don't know about what is chord,tone, major ,minor etc...as i couldn't go to learn these...

I congratulate you on your new keyboard. Yes there is a lot to learn and in the beginning the 'jargon' used can be very confusing.
But, like learning to walk, one step at the time will help you to go. As the Y-Man said take the manual and start at page 1. Follow it and try things out. You CAN NOT ruin the keyboard by doing things wrong.
Come with your questions to this forum, there are plenty peope who are more than willing to assist you and don't forget that even the greatest artist had to start from scratch one day.
Don' think you are a allround keyboard player in a few days. But take your time and the most important is HAVE FUN!

Reaction score
I congratulate you on your new keyboard. Yes there is a lot to learn and in the beginning the 'jargon' used can be very confusing.
But, like learning to walk, one step at the time will help you to go. As the Y-Man said take the manual and start at page 1. Follow it and try things out. You CAN NOT ruin the keyboard by doing things wrong.
Come with your questions to this forum, there are plenty peope who are more than willing to assist you and don't forget that even the greatest artist had to start from scratch one day.
Don' think you are a allround keyboard player in a few days. But take your time and the most important is HAVE FUN!

Thank you DickR

i act upon your advice and you well said I must explore and raise queries here..
otherwise no one can really help me out..
thanks..:)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hello all...

I really wonder how the people use different chords at the different parts of the songs..
how they know which chord must be played at a particular moment...

can anyone help..or this is really very early to ask...??

Reaction score
Hello all...

I really wonder how the people use different chords at the different parts of the songs..
how they know which chord must be played at a particular moment...

can anyone help..or this is really very early to ask...??

Here you can see a picture of the notes and the cords above of so called 'Easy play speed music'

http://www.premierorgans.co.uk/speed_music.htm

or the so called 'fake books' where you find the melody notes and above these notes you see the cords in letters like 'F' or 'Gm' to play just in time; but this means you have to know how you build the cords, for example, if there is a 'F' above then this means to press with your left hand the cord with three notes - F-A-C -.

So I tell to to look all the videos of Carmen Ramirez which I told you earlier.
http://www.musicinnewcastle.com/beginning_piano_class_tutorials

goldi5210

Reaction score
Hello dears..
I've a recorded file on my memory card..
i want to play it on my computer what to do???
I've casio CTK-7000
and i've have the connecter cable and memory card slot in my laptop too...

plz help...:confused:

Reaction score
First you have to download 'DATAMANAGER' from the Casio website and follow the instructions.

OR and much easier you have to find a MIDIPLAYER, many for free on the net. (look in PSRTUTORIAL.COM)
Your recording is in MIDI and that is not music as such but a stream of instructions.
Put the SD card in the laptop open the midiplayer and click op your song.
Mind a computer does not sound very good for midi's.
I have to go now but if you have more questions about it let me know or send me a PM I will answer tomorrow if I can.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hello dears..
I've a recorded file on my memory card..
i want to play it on my computer what to do???
I've casio CTK-7000
and i've have the connecter cable and memory card slot in my laptop too...

plz help...:confused:

Depending on what sort of computer you have, as Dick R suggests - connect the SD card to your computer.

Try this:

Double click on the midi file.

If you are using windows XP, Vista, or &, it should start up windows media player and start playing it back using the "built in" synth.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Depending on what sort of computer you have, as Dick R suggests - connect the SD card to your computer.

Try this:

Double click on the midi file.

If you are using windows XP, Vista, or &, it should start up windows media player and start playing it back using the "built in" synth.

The Y-man

Hi Y-man

I have a music file recorded on my m.card
i can play this with the help of my keyboard but as i plug the card into the lappy
it show an emptly 'MUSICDAT' , there is no music i.e. mid file in it...
where d prob lies....

Reaction score
Hej, hej monu.tmimt,

are you sure that you have stored your song on the sd-card, or is it just stored in the internal memory of the keyboard, where you can stor 1 - 5 songs only?

What card do you use? One with a capacity unter 2 GB or one with a capacity from 2- 32 GB?

On the other side, if the song is stored on the sd-card, this sd-card has a special format. So I would think you let the card in the keyboard and launch the casio DATA MANAGER program and copy your song file from the card to your labtop.

I hope it will work.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Monu,

A few things:

If your SD card has a MUSICDAT folder, it means you have formatted the SD card correctly. Good.

As Goldi says - you must "save" the song from the CTK to the SD card.

Not only that, you must "SAVE AS SMF" (SMF = "Standard Midi File")

Take very careful note of Step 5 on Page E-139 of the manual

You MIUST save in SMF format for your PC/Laptop to see the file.

The Y-man

Reaction score
i want to use ctk-7000 as midi player. i have a question. can i browse to SDcard midi file while the ctk-7000 is currently playing midi file? it will not interupted?

Ask a Question