Casio CTK-900 Vs CTK-5000 Who is Who?

Reaction score
Hi All, I went to the local music store (in Guayaquil) and found my two keyboard options for the price range I have saved... the CTK-900 vs. the CTK-5000. Does anybody have something to say about them? From what I have gather on the internet, the 5000 has an arpegiator, on the other hand the 900 has effects and a lot of drawbar organ sounds. Also the 900 has the ability of being able to download new songs from the internet, but again, no arpegiator. Can anybody give me any light as of which one is cooler???

Reaction score
I use a CTK-5000, I really like it, CTK-900 are good, but I'm not too sure which one is better.

1) They both have 61 keys
2) CTK-5000 has a pitch bend wheel, 900(at least the one I played) does not
3) They both have pedal jacks
4) They both have internal memory, however the CTK-5000 has an SD Card slot and the CTK-900 has a ZPI i think
5) Both have USB ability
6) CTK-5000 is louder
7) Both have Split and Layer features
8) 900 is good for organ sounds I heard
9) CTK-900 comes with a CD-ROM for the keyboard.
10) Both portable

Its mainly up to you, I say if your a beginner and your willing to learn and your looking for something that you wouldn't want to upgrade in a short period of time using it, get the CTK-5000.

Again, its mainly up to you.

Reaction score
Done

Thanks Riotblade! I finally decided for the CTK-900, since it had the regular Midi outlet. One of the reasons I wanted the keyboard was to use the midi out to play my Roland MC-505, and the CTK-5000 had the USB midi, so I would need also to use my laptop and I wanted to be as independent as possible. I was very impresed with the organ sounds... I did not believed that little organ could sound that good... I had the Yamaha PSR-200 and it is a much better keyboard than the Yamaha. I will miss the arpeggiator, but I will have to settle for now. Thanks for the info!!

peace out,

l

Reaction score
I've had a CTK-900 for about a year now. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. :)

Reaction score
My opinion about casio ctk 900 and 5000

I think casio ctk 5000 has better keys, the posibility of using sd cards, more sounds and more styles but ctk 900 has more quality in sounds. I personally prefer a keyboard with few sounds and styles but with a good quality. I like the casio 900 so I wanted to know the casio ctk 5000 because I thought it was much better in sound quality but when I knew it I felt really disappointed. I prefer the casio ctk 900 than the casio ctk 5000 (in sounds quality). It seems casio has lowered the sound quality of this keyboard only to make it with profesional keys, the hability of using sd cards, lots of sounds and styles but all of this at the same price.

Ask a Question