Casio WK-7500 noisy keys

Reaction score
I was just wondering if I am the only person with this issue. The keys on the 7500 are the noisiest keys I have ever experienced. I would not give up the keyboard for anything. But if you are playing quietly so as not to disturb anyone, the keys make more noise than the music. This is an interesting "feature". Sometimes a certain key is quiet, other times it is noisy, This happens with about any key on the keyboard. If you press a key from straight on it will most likely be alright. If pressed from a slight angle, lots on noise. If you have one of these keyboards, try it. Do not turn it on. Just start pressing keys at random and see what happens.
Let me know if this is only me.
By the way, the black keys are fine. It is just the white keys with the noise.
Thanks

Reaction score
Here's someone with a similar problem who modded his Casio with felt to reduce the noise.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/4798-keyboard-mod-diy/

Be warned THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY and it's not for the ten thumbed. :)

Gary
It is not the noise as pressed downward, but the side-to-side pressing that makes the noise. This noise will happen while slowly pressing down on the key and not being perfectly centered while pressing. Also, the noise happens before the key bottoms out. I took it apart already and found the grease to be everywhere but on the outside of the keyboard. Even with all of this grease (white), it still did not quiet the keys.
Taking the keyboard apart is not an issue with me as I am an electronic technician and have seen much more difficult procedures than this.
Try taking a laptop apart and removing the system board if you need frustration.
I read about the white grease, but with the amount of grease around these keys, I don't know if adding more is a solution.
If you concentrate on pressing the keys perfectly centered, most likely the noise will not be heard. The solution has to be a way to keep these keys from any side-to-side motion somehow.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Adding grease to the outside surface planes of the keys will not help you. When you depress each key the grease from the adjacent key will end up messing up your fingertips.

One common solution to lubricating noisy keys is a teeny squirt of talcum powder.

It acts as a mild lubricant and is electrically neutral.

YMMV. Try at your own risk.

Gary

Ask a Question