Feeling like a noob -set/program creation?

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

First post here (hi!) - I've been playing for a couple decades but it's always been piano, or - more accurately - a keyboard/workstation where I really only use the piano sound. I've always thought "I'd really like to figure out the rest of what this thing can do" but in all the years of owning keyboards like an S90 and my current Korg Kross, it's never happened.

Now my band is looking to "expand our sonic palette" so to speak and I'm experimenting with some additional sounds - this results in me fumbling through my list of patches trying to find the right one, referring to notes I have on my setlist about where to find it, etc - it's a total pain.

I am thinking there has *GOT* to be a way to create a program on the keyboard where I can use a footswitch (or something) to step through a predefined sequence of patches/tones, which I can re-order between gigs as the setlist changes. I've looked through the documentation for my Korg Kross and don't see reference to how this works. There is a 'favorites' function but I don't see how that can be controlled via footswitch. There are a couple instances where having an instantaneous switch would be REALLY nice.

My questions:

1. Is this something that people do already?
2. Does anyone know how to do this with a Kross, if it can be done at all?

Thanks!

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
The manual is at http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_KROSS_OpG_E(1).pdf

Look at page 20

Additionally, there's a whole bunch of Korg Kross players at www.korgforums.com. There's even a forum just for the Korg Kross. You might want to start reading there. In addition to answering some of your questions, you may get ideas from the other players questions and answers.

Reaction score
I am thinking there has *GOT* to be a way to create a program on the keyboard where I can use a footswitch (or something) to step through a predefined sequence of patches/tones,
Page 21 of the manual that Fred posted (which is page 27 of the pdf). It's right there for you, point 3. I assume you can operate that function while you have "favourites" going, if it's anything like my Korgs. Have fun!

Reaction score
Thanks guys - I realized part of the problem is that I was looking through the "quick start guide" and a thorough search of my house has yet to reveal the full manual (the quick start guide is fat enough I thought it was the full thing!) - I've printed off the relevant pages here and I'm sitting down to go over everything, thanks again!

Ask a Question