Hello frm Texas

Reaction score
Im a bass player at heart, but have some piano experience. I have a yamaha PSR-510....have for several years. Have never used it but to play with. I want ta 'write' some basic rhythm/chord lines to jam my bass to. This thing buffaloed me when I got it, an it aint no better now!!! I would like to get some very basic guidance on how to start. Say run a rhythm/drum beat, add a left hand accompaniment, and a melody. I have the manual, but it just runs all together,...confusing!! I need, OK here is how to do th drum, rhythm part. And then you go here an fill in the melody....something like that. Any body know where I might find such instructions. Once I get a basic feel for it Im sure I can carry on!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!
sweed

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Youtube is your friend for tutorials. Unfortunately I can only find them in Espanol for that particular model.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=psr-510+tutorial

Even if su no habla Espanol you might be able to pick up the gist of it by watching carefully.

Then again in Texas Spanish is almost an official language so I think you'll be able to manage.

You should also look at other tutorials for similar keyboards as well.

Hope this helps...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary! however I think they should learn English!! su no habla Espanol!!!

Reaction score
Im a bass player at heart, but have some piano experience. I have a yamaha PSR-510....have for several years. Have never used it but to play with. I want ta 'write' some basic rhythm/chord lines to jam my bass to. This thing buffaloed me when I got it, an it aint no better now!!! I would like to get some very basic guidance on how to start. Say run a rhythm/drum beat, add a left hand accompaniment, and a melody. I have the manual, but it just runs all together,...confusing!! I need, OK here is how to do th drum, rhythm part. And then you go here an fill in the melody....something like that. Any body know where I might find such instructions. Once I get a basic feel for it Im sure I can carry on!!!!
HELP PLEASE!!!
sweed

OOPS-REPOST
Almost a year ago you posted about instructions on the PSR 510.

"Im a bass player at heart.......want ta 'write' some basic rhythm/chord lines to jam my bass to....Say run a rhythm/drum beat, add a left hand accompaniment, and a melody...."

Sounds like you want to say, delete and re-record your own rhythm/chord tracks (4 and 5) and percussion (1 and 2), and delete the bass track (3) all together so you can play your own bass?

What a great keyboard! Of course I'm biased since I first learned to arrange music on one. Did you figure it out or move on to another? Mine bit the dust a few years ago and at the moment I'm working from memory but if I can help...... Think hard before you turn loose of it. It could be a great keyboard for you.

Ask a Question