Hello, guys

Reaction score
My name is Leonardo. I'm brazilian, 19, and started with keyboard 2 years ago.
I've been doing it all by myself, so, I'm not that good at all.
My favourite jams are like classic rock, (specially with Hammond, like Lafayette, a brazilian organist, and Vox organs, like The Animals, synthesizers, like The Who), folk rhythm(like Сплин, a russian band) and orchestral.

Well, I hope I can learn more here, although I have bad hand coordination (and sometimes get sad about it).

My keyboard is simple, a Waldman EK61:
waldman_teclados_expertkeys61-foto21.jpg

Then, that's it.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Hello, Leonardo! Don't feel bad about poor hand coordination-- just keep practicing and you'll get better. But don't overdo your practicing-- it's better to practice for a little while each day than to practice for several hours at a time. I know from my long-ago days of taking piano lessons that practicing scales and chords can seem very boring-- especially if you'd rather be "making music"-- but it will help you immensely.

I'm not familiar with Waldman keyboards, but the EK-61 looks similar to an earlier model of Casio or Yamaha keyboard-- 100 timbres and 100 rhythms. I can't read the manual, but I gather that the EK-61 doesn't have MIDI or USB-MIDI ports, so if you want to record your playing then you'll need to record the keyboard's audio output. (It looks like maybe you can record on the keyboard itself, but it would be better to record using your computer.)

Do you have a DAW yet? There are several free DAWs or audio-recording programs that can be downloaded from the internet-- Audacity, MixPad, SynthFont (which is donationware), Anvil Studio (free but with add-ons that must be purchased if you want to use certain functions), Reaper (not really free but the free trial never expires), PreSonus Studio One 2 Free, Zynewave Podium Free, Sony ACID Xpress 7.0, etc.

You might be bashful about recording yourself if you feel that you aren't very good yet, but you don't need to record for other people to listen to (until you're ready for that). And you don't need to try to play other people's songs-- you can have great fun recording your own melodies, which is far more creative.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Ask a Question