Help me complete my rig? :)

Discussion in 'Keyboard Purchase Recommendations' started by joeljjison@gmail.com, Aug 13, 2010.

1. joeljjison@gmail.com

joeljjison@gmail.com

I own quite a lot of keyboard stuff, most of which I can flimsily justify.

I have a Nord stage 88. Its the only keyboard I have with an amazing keybed, to practice on.

I have a Nord stage compact - this is my main gigging board. I'm happy with the piano, rhodes, organ, clavi.

I have some soft synths, mainly keyboardy sounds, and a soundcard. I was planning to go down this route, and have been heading there over the last 3-4 months...

But I've experienced lots of unreliability, even on brand new macbook pro (replaced the last one recently after having a lot of problems.. and I don't trust it anymore. I don't want to do the laptop route. This time latency has appeared out of nowhere. I can't figure out why, but thats another story.

Anyway- I want to fill the following void- strings, brass, etc, synths. I want the strings and brass to be good. I play a lot of strings stuff in church. Ideally better than the Motif, which is OK, and very reliable, but im not that enamored with it. Mainly I want the synth sounds to enable me to produce the shit that people ask of a keyboard player. Not useless presets with random names... I don't know much about synths. I want to quickly be able to find equivalents, but still have some editing capabilities.

Could you please mention any 61 key options/modules you would suggest/why?

joeljjison@gmail.com, Aug 13, 2010
    1. Advertising

2. joeljjison@gmail.com

Burn4Him

well if your going the chris tomlin/hillsong route, they both use korgs string sounds.

matt glider from chris tomlin uses a triton rack unit through a s90 as the controller

and Ben and Autumn (hillsong, hillsong live and hillsong united) use everythign from the triton le, to the m3 for a lot of their string sounds (also some of mainstages string sounds)

i know you didnt wanna go to computer route so that rules out mainstage but you can check this out i think it may be jsut what your looking for
    http://www.museresearch.com/

hope this helped

Burn4Him, Aug 15, 2010
    1. Advertising