Help! Which is better Casio Wk-3800 or Casio WK-6500?

Reaction score
I bought a Casio wk-3800 and was not happy with it because it sounds like the casio wk-3000 with a few more added things. I have searched the internet for the wk-6500 and come up with limited results could someone tell me which is a better keyboard? thanks

Reaction score
CTK 811 EX is better than WK 3800, but I don't know if in your country is available yet. WK 1800 is as better as CTK.

Reaction score
CTK 811 EX is better than WK 3800, but I don't know if in your country is available yet. WK 1800 is as better as CTK.

Don't know why you think a CTK811 is better than a WK3800 at all.:confused: The WK3800 has more tones(894) , more rhythums (182), more notes for sonegs to be saved (10,000 ) and 72 keys to your 64. Please look at the specs on the Casio web page

http://www.casio-intl.com/emi/past/high_grade/ctk811ex.html

http://www.casio.com/products/Digital_Pianos_&_Keyboards/Workstation_Keyboards/WK-3800/

I own and play the WK3800 and love it for what it is. The only hassle to be honest is that it does not have midi connections, but it does have USB to PC.:)

Reaction score
I bought a Casio wk-3800 and was not happy with it because it sounds like the casio wk-3000 with a few more added things. I have searched the internet for the wk-6500 and come up with limited results could someone tell me which is a better keyboard? thanks

I've got the WK3800 workstation, and yes it is the same engine with extras to the WK3000. But I improved things by adding some doorway draft tape( that has some spong rubber on it) to the top of the dampening under the keys on the keyboard. The other thing to do is get external powered speakers, the ones that it comes with are only for the bedroom practice. Before you get speakers try your keyboard on a powered PA( like at the church). You will hear a BIG difference and improved ambience from the board.

But in saying that the WK6500 is a better keyboard - I would prefer the WK7500 :D, if you are going that way. But you are still limited to the inbuilt 7 watt speakers. :mad:
Oh so much better than the WK3800, more features to keep you learning and having fun!

Best thing to do , is to try it yourself in the shop , maybe with a keyboard amp connected to it, say you looking at playing with others. Remember that an AMP is usually mono, so you will need to take that into consideration too.

Best of luck.:D

Reaction score
Don't know why you think a CTK811 is better than a WK3800 at all.:confused: The WK3800 has more tones(894) , more rhythums (182), more notes for sonegs to be saved (10,000 ) and 72 keys to your 64. Please look at the specs on the Casio web page

http://www.casio-intl.com/emi/past/high_grade/ctk811ex.html

http://www.casio.com/products/Digital_Pianos_&_Keyboards/Workstation_Keyboards/WK-3800/

I own and play the WK3800 and love it for what it is. The only hassle to be honest is that it does not have midi connections, but it does have USB to PC.:)

I mean SOUND QUALITY, not FEATURES.-

Reaction score
I own a WK-3800, and you can sample sounds with it, so this is a great feature if you don't like the built-in sounds. The only bad thing is the memory is small, ~3,5MB.

Reaction score
I'd say the 3800 is better than the 6500. The sampling feature of the 3800 alone makes it better. The speakers are better too! You also get a modulation knob with it. If you use the sequencer to perform or build songs, then the 6500 is better. If you're looking for a keyboard to just play (with a band, for example), then the 3800 is better.

Reaction score
You can 'build songs' on the WK-3800 also, on the Song Memory. You can then export the file as midi, and edit it on PC, then you can load it back to the keyboard.

Reaction score
WK3800 has SMF - I think up to 200 songs, limited to a 1GB SD card ( if you can still get them); 2 x 6watt speakers
WK6500 has the same as the WK7500 except for the speakers being 2 x 6 watts
WK7500 has SMF playback (up to 320KB per file), file save/load/delete, card format and a 16 track sequencer, ok 5 songs but they are editable and can handle 2GB up to 32GB SD memory cards or SDHC memory cards and an Arpeggiator: 150 types; 2 x 7 watt speakers

Both are limited to the speakers really; so that being the case go for the updated version and get playing.

Just having better output with later design speakers, you could get better sound quality on the WK7500, but you will have to check it out for yourself. I put mine through a half decent PA and it sounded as good as a Roland Digital keyboard.

Reaction score
Actually, the speakers on the WK3800 are 1000x better than the speakers on the newer models. The "later design" speakers are simply cheaper (smaller magnets, paper suspension instead of cloth). I own a WK500, which has the same speakers as the WK6500 and WK7500, and the difference in sound is astonishing. This is one reason why a number of people have said that the older ZPI sound source is better than the newer AHL. I've listened to both with the DSP off with headphones, and I have trouble telling the difference, but using the onboard speakers the WK3800 blows away the newer models.

Reaction score
Just my two cents: I've got the WK6500 and can't stand the integrated speakers, but who cares, since they're not for gigging anyway but just fall back for practicing. When played through a decent Roland keyboard speaker, the WK6500 sounds truly beautiful. As a workstation or a gigging keyboard, you could do a lot worse (though for performing, I much prefer fully weighted keys such as on my Privia PX3, but that will make for a more expensive and heavier keyboard).

Reaction score
Petes, have you had any issues with your PX3? I recently bought one to use as a controller for my Receptor and was pleasantly surprised with the internal sounds. I'm not sure how it would hold up for gigging though. Don

Reaction score
Don, I've had no problems as yet, and I too have been very happy with the internal sounds, especially the piano sounds. As for gigging, so far it has been holding up, but I'm no heavy duty performer as I'm playing out just about once or twice a month.

I've looked at and drooled over the Yamaha S80. That looks to be one fine instrument.

Reaction score
Petes, the S80 is a fine instrument, (although it's getting a bit old now). It has a great keyboard action (weighed), but the down side is it's weights (about 57 pounds). I love that the PX3 is only about 23 pounds!

Ask a Question