Hi there!

Reaction score
Just dropping in to say hello, and to introduce myself. My name is Bob. I've been playing keyboards/piano for almost 30 years now. Started out mainly on piano because that's what I had access to and then was hooked on keyboards after playing a DX 7. I grew up playing on little cheesy PSS and PSR keyboards until my late teens when I purchased a Roland Juno 106.

When I was in my 20s, I owned a few nice boards and a Kurzweil digital piano. Then when I hit 30, I had bought a house and started a family so I didn't have extra money to spend on a nice synth. I ended up going back to a PSR model keyboard and it's what I used for nearly 8 years.

Well now I'm in my 40s and life is a little easier. A while back I decided to upgrade my little PSR into something that would suit my needs. I wanted a workstation, so I went with a Motif XS 8. I love it but must admit, I'm a little out of my element with it. Still learning new things with it.

Anyways....that's a brief summary, looking forward to joining in on the fun here!

Take care, Bob

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I went with a Motif XS 8. I love it but must admit, I'm a little out of my element with it. Still learning new things with it.

That's the best kind of keyboard-- one that's got so much stuff on it (voices, controls, etc.) that there's plenty of room to grow and plenty of directions to go exploring in! :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Should I call you BusStop or Mister RatBag for short? Us rats gotta stick together :D

Welcome to the forum. We do the best we can to help each other out around here but if you really need nuts and bolts hands on guidance with your Motif I'd also advise paying a few visits to :

http://motifator.com

They'll be able to help you squeeze the most out of all that horsepower. ;)

Gary

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I look forward to talking more with everybody. This is about the extent of my social media experience. :)

Thanks for the link, Gary. I'll check it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ionbel

Latest Threads