Hi to all

Reaction score
I have been on and off this site many times reading and researching - Not a real keyboard player, but I do a lot of fill in for my band. I want to post on the classifieds, but can't without 10 posts. Sorry - Stupid rule - I guess I have been fortunate to have found my answers without posting, so I only have like 1 post.
Anyway - Hi all.
That's 2....
8 to go before I can list my barely used, upgraded Korg M3-88 - in box with Gator ATA case.
Looking forward to picking some brains to get me a better fitting keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, TJ!

I think the 10-post rule is to help weed out posts from spammers.

What sort of keyboard are you looking for to replace your Korg M3-88? I must warn you, I'm an amateur home keyboardist, NOT a gigging musician, and my only experience is with the keyboards listed in my sig lines, so I'm NOT a good person to ask advice from on picking a good keyboard. But if you let us know what your needs are, hopefully someone will be able to chime in with some good suggestions.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey TJ
Obviously this place is full of kb enthusiasts, however most here would be fairly content with their current acquisitions.
To sell your Korg .. I would think you would be better off listing it on craigs or gumtree or ebay. The market potential on these sites is imense worldwide. It would be nice to know your location too.
Cheers

Reaction score
Hello Tj, welcome to the forums! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here, apart from solely selling your M3 :)
How come you no longer consider your M3 "fitting", and what properties/features are you looking for in a keyboard? I did a similar transition myself recently, selling my Korg M50 as I no longer had any interest in the full functionality of a workstation and will instead be getting myself a stage piano (currently looking at the Kawai ES100).

Let's use those 8 more posts you need to find you a better fitting keyboard, just tell us what you need :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yep, like @SeaGtGruff rightly says, unfortunately we'd get a lot of spammers without the 10-post rule.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Another place to list your keyboard is the dedicated Korg forum at korgforums.com. However, Craigslist and eBay are your best bets.

Reaction score
Hi All. Thanks for your welcomes and comments. I am an guitar (acoustic picker) by trade, But, have keyboard knowledge and have been dabbling since I was a child. So, when the band wanted to do a few piano songs I sprang into action. I call it "faking my way" - It sounds OK, but I am not one of you. I do love to play though, which is why I plunked down the cash for the M3. An amazing keyboard is an understatement. And it has been so underused it is a shame. That said, the keyboard I graduate to will only be a 73 or 76 key - I never use the bottom or top keys, but a 61 key wont do it (I miss some of those bottom end keys) Gotta be real feel or hammer feel. AND most of all, it can't weigh what the M3-88 weighs.

Reaction score
I really look forward to hearing everyone's opinions on this. I use a Yamaha PSR730 for midi backing tracks. IT is old and uses 3.5" floppies to load the midi smf files. It is time to upgrade. Does not have to be a keyboard - can be rack mount or a module of some sort.. Don't think I want to go to a software / laptop though. Hoping for an SD card or a USB stick to load the files.
Suggestions?????????????????????

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
lightweight, a wee bit simpler and won't blow out your budget? I'd suggest a Casio PX-5S.

For the price you get used for the Korg you could afford two of them and they have the hammer action and basic bread and butter sounds you crave.

They do still have 88 keys but they still only weigh in at 25 lbs.

As for your M3? I'd dearly love to buy it from you but I'm overloaded with gear as it is.

I've just downsized from a house to a 2 bdrm apt. and while I earlier, (foolishly) wanted to sell off my Kurzweil I am now happiest that circumstances didn't play out that way.

I agree with you. Once you go weighted hammer action you just can't go back.

Otherwise if you're a name brand "snob" the only other 73 and 76 weighted models I can think of are the Kurzweil Artis LE and the Nord Stage 73. Both excellent keyboards but the M3 was in a class by itself when it came out and it's still very formidable today :)

Gary ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads