How can i connect my iPad with my roland bk-9 through usb

Reaction score
How can i connect my iPad ( version 8.1.2) with my roland bk-9 through usb cable? Every time I connect it the apps ( BK PARTNER AND BK-9 EDITOR ) shows that the device is not connected. KINDLY TELL ME HOW CONNECT IT. My keyboard version 1.6

Reaction score
Your keyboard requires a wireless usb device that is not included with the keyboard. The Roland part number is WNA1100-RL.

I use a Netgear N150 WNA1100 available at BestBuy, TigerDirect, Newegg, etc. It's the same thing, works just fine, easier to get (for me anyway), and costs less.

There's a couple ways it can work to connect to your computer. If and when you need help give a shout.

- Jim

Edit: I meant iPad not computer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jim

A wireless connection is not an absolute necessity. Cable connections between the BK-9 and an iPad are possible. See Page 23 of the manual. It shows using the Camera Connector Kit for the older iPads, but the Lightning adapter kit for the newer iPads should work just as well.

anpaniket

The iPad connects via the "Class Compliant" drivers that are built-in to its operating system (iOS), but the BK-9 can connect via the "Class Compliant" drivers or via Roland's after market drivers, so you must tell the BK-9 which type of drivers to connect via. On the BK-9, go to MENU > Global > Utility > USB Driver (See Page 143 of the manual). If it is set to "Original", change it to "Generic", and this should resolve your problem. If it is already set to "Generic", then you have a different problem. In this case, check your physical connections, particularly that small Lightning connection that plugs into the iPad. All Roland units that have this setting are supposed to ship with it set to "Generic", but many units make their way onto retailers shelves with it set to "Original" (or "Vendor" on some units). (I also posted this information in reply to the post you made under the General Keyboard Discussion of this forum.)

Pbo

Reaction score
Jim

A wireless connection is not an absolute necessity. Cable connections between the BK-9 and an iPad are possible. See Page 23 of the manual. It shows using the Camera Connector Kit for the older iPads, but the Lightning adapter kit for the newer iPads should work just as well.

anpaniket

The iPad connects via the "Class Compliant" drivers that are built-in to its operating system (iOS), but the BK-9 can connect via the "Class Compliant" drivers or via Roland's after market drivers, so you must tell the BK-9 which type of drivers to connect via. On the BK-9, go to MENU > Global > Utility > USB Driver (See Page 143 of the manual). If it is set to "Original", change it to "Generic", and this should resolve your problem. If it is already set to "Generic", then you have a different problem. In this case, check your physical connections, particularly that small Lightning connection that plugs into the iPad. All Roland units that have this setting are supposed to ship with it set to "Generic", but many units make their way onto retailers shelves with it set to "Original" (or "Vendor" on some units). (I also posted this information in reply to the post you made under the General Keyboard Discussion of this forum.)
Hi, attempting to connect my 2017 ipad to my BK-9 with a camera connector kit. No luck so far as partner software doesn't detect any device. I hope setting to generic will do the trick. Thanks for the advice and I'll post what the outcome will bring.

Ask a Question