How to make voices sustain psr s650

Rod

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the voices sustain on the psr s650? It seems to sustain the piano notes ok but not the
Organ. On my old yamaha keyboard the organ would sustain as long as I press the sustain pedal down but not this
One.

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the voices sustain on the psr s650? It seems to sustain the piano notes ok but not the
Organ. On my old yamaha keyboard the organ would sustain as long as I press the sustain pedal down but not this
One.

Hej, hej Rod,
as far I could read you first should look if you have the right sustain-pedal and if you connected it before you power on the keyboard:

page 10 of the manual:

The sustain function lets you produce a natural sustain
as you play by pressing an optional footswitch. Plug a
Yamaha FC4 or FC5 Footswitch into the SUSTAIN
jack and use it to switch sustain on and off.

NOTE
• Make sure that the footswitch plug is properly connected to
the SUSTAIN jack before turning on the power.

• Do not press the footswitch while turning the power on. Doing
this changes the recognized polarity of the footswitch, result-
ing in reversed footswitch operation.

The other possibility you can read on page 19 of the manual:
If you want sustain for the right voices you have to press the
sustain button within the voice controll buttons Nr. 22.

Then you can see the on/off status for the Sustain in the Main display.

I hope this will help you.

Reaction score
One.

I am also facing the same problem. Did you find a solution to yours?

Reaction score
Toward the upper right of Page 19 in the manual, see the center "Note" that reads:

"For some Voices, sustain may not be audibly affected when the Sustain is turned on."

This directly applies to the "Panel Sustain", which is activated by the panel control - not by the foot switch, but from the original poster's description, it apparently applies to the foot pedal sustain, as well. Apparently, the PSR-S650 will not allow you to sustain a voice that would not normally be sustained, in order to prevent you from creating an unrealistic sound. For instance, organs, harmonicas, brass stabs, pizzacato and staccato strings, etc. are not sustainable in reality, so the PSR-S650 will not allow it either. This allows you to do ad hoc layering, in real time, without having to worry about coming up with an unrealistic sound when sustaining the other voice (piano, etc) in the layer. If I am correct about this, it would certainly be nice if the manual had stated it in more direct terms. I did a search on the PDF copy of the manual, and found nothing about non-sustainability of voices with the foot pedal.

Reaction score
I was searching for pad sounds and there are some voices in some category before Piano (Press Paino and then select previous voice category ) and range around 333+.. and it is sustaining that voice with pedal. - WARMPAD was the voice.

Ask a Question