Importing Sounds Into PSR-3000

Reaction score
Hi All,

Could anyone tell me if it's possible to import sounds and sound effects into the Yamaha PSR-3000?

I want to use it for a live performance, and would like to use some effects for the track I'm playing - specifically the iconic Gameboy and Super Mario sounds.

Does anyone know if / how this can be done, and if I can record them in the 3000's sequencer?

Many thanks,

Ed

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to its Owner's Manual, the PSR-3000 has a Sound Creator function that lets you modify the parameters of existing voices (see page 95), but I don't think you can load new voice samples. If you know what sort of waveforms are used by the sounds you want to imitate, you could try to pick a voice that uses a similar waveform and then modify that voice's parameters to try to get a reasonable imitation of the sounds you want.

Reaction score
Hi SeaGT. The Sound Creator on the 3000 is pretty limited - I don't think it would be able to do what I want. It's not a voice as such that I want, but rather an effect. The 3000 has a couple of effects built in already, but they're very limited - a helicopter, a girl screaming, a car whizzing by, etc. What I was hoping was, just as you can buy new voice for playing online, you could buy, get or convert samples like that.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the PSR-3000's expansion capabilities, but if you can't load new voices or get a good approximation of the sound you want by modifying an existing voice, you could try connecting to a computer or tablet and using a soundfont or virtual instrument.

Ask a Question