installing a floppy emulator in KN2000

Reaction score
I have a 1993 vintage KN2000 and I want to replace the failed floppy disk drive with a floppy emulator that used a SD card. Does anyone have any experience with doing that? I would appreciate any help you can give me.
thanks,
sam

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
From what I've read, pretty much most such conversions have gone well.

The only thing to make certain of first is whether it uses a single density 720K drive or a double density 1.44 Meg drive.

As long as you use the correct type it should go well enough.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's a video showing the procedure on a KN5000.

And here on a KN3000

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a 1993 vintage KN2000 and I want to replace the failed floppy disk drive with a floppy emulator that used a SD card. Does anyone have any experience with doing that? I would appreciate any help you can give me.
thanks,
sam
Gary, thanks for your response. It's a 720k floppy drive. It uses a 24 pin connector, so it has to have a conversion from a 34 conductor to a 24 conductor, and I'm having a little difficulty getting that done. looks like I'll just make the adapter myself. This particular conversion seems to be pretty unusual. Any suggestions you have will be appreciated.
Sam

Ask a Question