Is Yamaha Psr S770 has dual voice?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, the PSR-S770 lets you select two different voices to layer together. On some of their keyboard models Yamaha uses the terms Main, Dual, and Split for the three types of voices, but on other models these are called Right1, Right2, and Left respectively. The highest models even have a fourth voice called Right3, which is like a second Split voice but on the right side of the keyboard rather than the left:

Left/ | Right1/Main | Right3
Split | Right2/Dual |

EDIT: Note that the PSR-S770 doesn't have the Right3 voice-- I think, but I'm not certain, that just the Tyros models have it, and before that the PSR-9000.

Last edited:
Reaction score
sir, u made my day.. thank u.. my decision is final.. I'll go for s770.. It's the best...

Anyway, may I ask an opinion from u sir regarding the grand piano of 770? .. I am very concern about its grand piano sound since grand piano is my voice used in the church..
if u compare it to some keyboards..

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I haven't played a PSR-S770 or heard one played (aside from YouTube videos), but on another forum I belong to it seems like some of the people who own a PSR-S770, a PSR-S970, or even a Tyros5 have expressed dissatisfaction with the Grand Piano voice on those keyboards. But I don't know if they're just being grouchy or if they have valid criticisms, because the Grand Piano voice on my PSR-E models sounds okay to me, and I'm sure the one on the PSR-S and Tyros models must be better-- but then I'm not a connoisseur of the Grand Piano, so I guess I don't have the ears for judging, or else I don't set my standards as high as do people who are really into the Grand Piano.

One or more of the other members here may have a PSR-S750, 770, 950, or 970, so hopefully they'll pipe up with some comments about the Grand Piano voice.

Reaction score
How can I put together folk guitar sound and strings with the bass guitar by my right hand at same time

Reaction score
sir, u made my day.. thank u.. my decision is final.. I'll go for s770.. It's the best...

Anyway, may I ask an opinion from u sir regarding the grand piano of 770? .. I am very concern about its grand piano sound since grand piano is my voice used in the church..
if u compare it to some keyboards..

Welcome.

I would challenge your comment about the S770 being the best.

If you go to a music store and check one out and whilst there check out the Korg PA700 the sound quality is vastly superior on the Korg. Korg build materials and quality of construction is also better.

I did just that and whilst at the store I compared the S975 against the Korg PA1000 and again the Korg was better.

It is only with the Yamaha Genos that this one is better than the Korg PA4X but it is vastly more expensive.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
How can I put together folk guitar sound and strings with the bass guitar by my right hand at same time

Are you asking about playing three different voices layered together with your right hand-- folk guitar, strings, and bass guitar?

You can easily layer two different voices as R1 and R2 (or Right1 and Right2) from the panel controls. However, I think (but am not certain) that the only way to layer three voices together on the PSR-S750 is to use a MIDI cable to connect MIDI OUT to MIDI IN, and then configure the MIDI settings so that either the R1 voice or the R2 voice is routed to a third voice.

If you can clarify what you're hoping to do-- layer three voices together, or something else?-- then I'll try to give you some steps to try.

Reaction score
The Op has probably realised the error of his ways by now and dumped the S770 for a better model.
Either that Col or he jumped into a time machine and fast forwarded 18 months to the magical era of the Korg PA700. I hope he stopped there and resisted the temptation to go further.

When he returns to 2016 he'll have some stories to tell!

tumblr_pqf54gtH4T1ual3guo1_1280.jpg

Reaction score
No, I think not...:D;) Personally I like the Kronos and the Krome's fine, but really I dislike the PA700 and PA-1000 pianos. The PA-4x is ok.

Should've got a Ketron...or a Wersi Pegasus Wing, right? :D

Reaction score
No, I think not...:D;) Personally I like the Kronos and the Krome's fine, but really I dislike the PA700 and PA-1000 pianos. The PA-4x is ok.

Should've got a Ketron...or a Wersi Pegasus Wing, right? :D
Yes, the piano’s are the weak points, luckily there are patches available to install to give much superior instrument sounds and Korg have quite a few also freely available.

There is also a major update going to be released in the next few weeks that will provide a greatly enhanced functionality to both the 1000 and 700.

Ask a Question