Keyboard Speakers

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am planning on buying a keyboard (most likely Roland VR09) at some point this week. I do however have no idea what speakers to get. I had my eye on the KRK VXT 4s but these were quite expensive for such small speakers.

Ultimately I am not going to record or anything - music is just a hobby for me. I would like speakers with a nice whole sound, particularly with a nice low end. Budget is about 400 pounds (or like $600) for both speakers.

SO any recommendations? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Reaction score
I sometimes use M-Audio BX5a studio monitors when I am working in a smaller room (where there is no need for my Opera PA system).

If you are looking at something just for home use I would recommend looking at some studio monitors. The M-Audio ones have worked wonderfully for me when I am not using the big system

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I also use a set of M-Audio BX5A monitors in my home studio but I was never satisfied with the low end until I added a Mackie 10" powered subwoofer to the system.

If this is for home use at reasonable volume levels one solution that's perfectly acceptable is to buy a good quality set of 2.1 Computer speakers and compatible cables instead.

These would sound excellent on your home rig without even coming close to your max budget with more than enough volume and dynamic range and frequency response to handle a professional keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Certified-Computer-Speaker/dp/B000062VUO

Add one of these cables to hook it up and you end up bringing in the whole thing way under budget.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP159-Stereo-Breakout-10-Feet/dp/B005HGM1D6

In the meantime you could use the savings to pick up other accessories like a leslie pedal or fx pedal or a good road case instead.

Gary

Reaction score
"I also use a set of M-Audio BX5A monitors in my home studio but I was never satisfied with the low end until I added a Mackie 10" powered subwoofer to the system."

I can see what you are talking about there. The BX5A's are a bit "thin" by themselves but for the stuff I use them for they work. Would like a sub with them though. I've got a pair of 8 inch speakers in the studio but as practice speakers when I don't want to use headphones the BX5A is ok for me when I am not using the big system

Ask a Question