Keyboard with Auto Accomp and live looping

Reaction score
Does one exist? The closest thing I've found Is the roland vr09, but it doesnt have the auto accomp. All the guitar loopers Ive tried I cant get to sync with auto accompaniment, Maybe if theres a looper that can recieve midi sync.
I've tried various softwares including ableton (which only does preset loops as far as I can tell) and mobius which I've struggled with for weeks trying to get it to sync.
So my Ideal?? A keyboard that will do this (hopefully one that doesnt cost 2 or 3k)
The idea is I want to perform using auto accompaniment, then loop say a chorus of a song as im performing, then be able to seamlessly repeat that loop, so I can play my horns. I would then like to stop the loop and seamlessly return to performing with auto accompaniment.
I have been playing for years using tracks that I have created. I always despised auto accomp until i recently bought the yamaha dgx 230 (arranger keyboard) and was impressed with the quality of the accomp these days, may be usable on stage.
It would give give me flexibility to take requests I dont have tracks for, but I still would like to be able to take my hands off the keys to play other instruments like I can with the tracks.
If I can accomplish the same with a looper, that'd be great, if i can get it to snyc with my keyboard
I'm new here and hoping my questions arent dumb or already covered :)

Thanx Much!

Reaction score
All ARRANGER keyboards are basically loop based machines...but you can make them to follow the Chord Progression that you play in real time. Of course the better quality a keyboard is the better sounds and features is going to have..In other words, you get what you pay for. Some like Korg PA3x have features like Chord Sequencers and such. Arranger keyboards have come along way for sure.

Reaction score
Some like Korg PA3x have features like Chord Sequencers and such.

Yes... the chord sequencer would do what Im looking for. the Pa3X is so pricey..
Im trying to find chord sequencing on a less expensive keyboard.
thanx!!

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit pricy, but now that the PA4x is out, many people are selling theirs at discounted prices. You can also look at the little sibilings such as PA600 and PA900 and see if they also have that particular feature? I've never owned PSR keyboards so don't know about them, but I think Roland also offers that feature on their keyboards as well.

Ask a Question