keyboards with decent harpsichord sounds?

Reaction score
i'm looking for something with all the usual stuff- acoustic pianos, organ sounds, rhodes/electric keyboards, and would really like to also have a decent harpsichord sound. 88 keys preffered, but could live with 76. i know harpsichords feel very different than pianos, but the preferance would be for weighted/realistic piano feel. the keyboard will be for home use and teaching.

i'm looking at the used market around the $1200 or so mark.

is there anything out there for me? i know if i let go of the harpsichord sound there's a lot more to choose from- what would you reccomend then?

any help much appreciated,

thanks!

T

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd say in your price range take a look at the Korg Kross 88 and Kross 73 as well as the Korg Krome 73 and Krome 88.

Also possibly the Kurzweil SP5-8.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well my Casio Celviano has a very good harpsichord tone. Ive never played a h'chord but the keys are weighted, and graded. And it cost a heck of a lot less than many keyboards!

Reaction score
Check the Casio PX5s. It's got the best harpsichord sound I've ever heard. The pianos and e-pianos are fantastic as well. Lists for $1000 but can be had for ~$700 used. Also doubles as a really good midi controller. It has synth features, arpeggiator, phrase sequencer, has 88 fully weighted keys, and only weighs 24 pounds! I love mine.

Ask a Question