Korg Krome keybed

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am interested in a comparison of the keybed on the chrome 73 keys model. I have read many reviews online, but most people seem to be comparing it to a fully weighted keybed (like traditional 88 keys models) which leads to a misguided review.

I am not able to test the Krome at my local music store (not in stock), but I was able to use the Kross amd M3 keyboards (both 61 key versions). What I want is for any Krome owners or users to compare the Krome keybed to the keybed on the Kross and the M3 so I could have a better idea what its like.

Reaction score
Hi Jeremy,

I own the Krome 61. I've never played the 73 key version, but from what I can ascertain looking at other forums and also the Korg website, it appears that they have an identical keybed.

Korg describe the 61/73 keybed as "semi-weighted", which is a bit misleading (in my view). I have a semi-weighted Kurzweil stage piano, and the Krome keys are very "synth action" compared to this.

Sadly, the keybed is about the only aspect of my Krome I do not like. These things are a matter of personal taste, but I find the keybed very "squidgy", which makes it a bit tricky to maintain good control when playing velocity sensitive patches. I suspect the 61 key Kross would use the same keybed (would seem to make sense from an economic perspective for Korg), although I've never played one of those.

At the end of the day I can live with the Krome's unimpressive keybed because I love so much else about what the 'board has to offer. Whether you feel the same way will be up to you.

Cheers!

Reaction score
I am not able to test the Krome at my local music store (not in stock), but I was able to use the Kross amd M3 keyboards (both 61 key versions). What I want is for any Krome owners or users to compare the Krome keybed to the keybed on the Kross and the M3 so I could have a better idea what its like.
The Krome 73 should feel the same as the Kross 61 (and King Korg). The M3 is very different, that would be like the one on the Kronos.

Ask a Question