Korg Krome - storing information?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a Korg Krome (let's name it Kr1), with say 5 programs edited and assigned in a specific way that i need for a performance. Is that any way that I can store this information in a SD card or elsewhere and plug it into another korg krome (let's name it Kr2) and have it exactly the same settings in it?
What I'm trying to avoid here is programming and assigning patches all over again in the Kr2, since I have it all done in the Kr1.
Can anybody tell me if that is possible?
Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm surprised Paul (CowboyNQ) hasn't spoken up on this one yet.

He performs regularly on a Korg Krome and knows the keyboard pretty well.

You may want to msg him directly on this.

Let us know what you find out here in the thread so the next guy searching for an answer can find it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Haha...thanks Gary - I've been away in Sydney!

Soaring - The short answer to your question is "yes". Anything you save onto the SD card can be shoved into another Krome and loaded. It's a pretty simple process.
Thanks for the reply! Can you give me more of an in depth explanation about it? Like how would I program and edit many patches and save everything at once in an sd card?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Can you give me more of an in depth explanation about it? Like how would I program and edit many patches and save everything at once in an sd card?
Sure.

For a start - check out the manual: http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_KROME_OpG_E(4).pdf

If you go to Page 117 of the PDF (which is Page 113 of the manual), it takes you through the process of saving and loading data, be it internally or externally.

Now it all looks rather complicated when you see all this info presented in the manual but it's actually pretty simple. There are two types of files your Krome will save to the SD card, PCG files (contains the sound data, including combis, arpeggios, splits, layers, all that good stuff you've created) and SNG files, which contain the actual song patterns. So essentially any Combi or Prog you have saved will be contained in a PCG file, and any SEQ you have saved will be contained in a SNG file.

When you go to save your work, the Krome prompts you every step of the way so everything you've done is captured. Same goes for when you load it back up later on.

Now that I've told you all of that, let's go to Page 122 of the PDF (Page 118 of the manual) and you'll see the specific step by step guide of how to save on the SD card. Keep reading and you'll then see how to load when you get to Page 124 of the PDF (Page 120 of the manual).

Hope that helps! Good luck and feel free to hit me with any further questions if you encounter problems.

Reaction score
Sure.

For a start - check out the manual: http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_KROME_OpG_E(4).pdf

If you go to Page 117 of the PDF (which is Page 113 of the manual), it takes you through the process of saving and loading data, be it internally or externally.

Now it all looks rather complicated when you see all this info presented in the manual but it's actually pretty simple. There are two types of files your Krome will save to the SD card, PCG files (contains the sound data, including combis, arpeggios, splits, layers, all that good stuff you've created) and SNG files, which contain the actual song patterns. So essentially any Combi or Prog you have saved will be contained in a PCG file, and any SEQ you have saved will be contained in a SNG file.

When you go to save your work, the Krome prompts you every step of the way so everything you've done is captured. Same goes for when you load it back up later on.

Now that I've told you all of that, let's go to Page 122 of the PDF (Page 118 of the manual) and you'll see the specific step by step guide of how to save on the SD card. Keep reading and you'll then see how to load when you get to Page 124 of the PDF (Page 120 of the manual).

Hope that helps! Good luck and feel free to hit me with any further questions if you encounter problems.
thanks a lot for the explanation man! ill certainly try it out. cheers

Ask a Question