Korg M50 - Arpeggiator Question

Reaction score
Korg repeatedly boasts about the dual polyphonic arpeggiator in the M50. Would anyone who owns one tell me exactly how many arpeggiator presets Korg provides out of the box? And how much space has Korg provided for user arp patterns, if any? Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
According to the M50 page on Korg's website, there are 1028 arpeggiator patterns in total, and 900 are preloaded, giving you 128 to work with. You'll probably be able to overwrite some of the preloaded ones if you want.

Reaction score
Thanks. Why I couldn't discern this from the page though I have scanned it many times remains a mystery.

So this 1,028 pales in comparison to Yamaha's 6,000 arp patterns built in to the motif.

Of course, the motif is its flagship synth, and if we're to compare its piddly arpeggiators to the OASYS's karma II, the motif would just shrink into oblivion I suppose.

Reaction score
also think of the combinations that are possible if you can run two at a time on the m50 thats 1028x1028 and that gives you 1,056,784 possibilities! haha take that motif! actually im a big yamaha and motif fan but either way that kicks its 6000s butt!

haha and also i think the appegiator on the m50 is way easier to use

Reaction score
also think of the combinations that are possible if you can run two at a time on the m50 thats 1028x1028 and that gives you 1,056,784 possibilities! haha take that motif! actually im a big yamaha and motif fan but either way that kicks its 6000s butt!

haha and also i think the appegiator on the m50 is way easier to use

for your information.. upto four arppegiators can be played simultaneously 6700x4= 26800 Possibilities!!!
and by the way your calculation is wrong... dual polyphonic means that 1028 arpegiators will have only 2056 possibilities ie. (1028 x 2)....... not 1028 x 1028....
now think who kicks whose butt!

Reaction score
I am a new user of Korg pa50sd keyboard. I don't know how to turn off the "touch response" of the key pads... please help me in this regard..pls,,,

Reaction score
I am a new user of Korg pa50sd keyboard. I don't know how to turn off the "touch response" of the key pads... please help me in this regard..pls,,,

Hej, hej Sidharth,

please turn your eyes to page 125 of the manual:

Press MENU to open the Global edit menu.

This menu gives access to the various Global edit pages.

When in this menu, select a section using the VOLUME/
VALUE buttons, press PAGE+ to select a page, or press EXIT
to exit the menu.

Vel.Curve (Velocity Curve)

This parameter sets the sensitivity of the keyboard to your
touch.
No dynamic control available. Dynamic values
are fixed, as in a classic organ.
2…9
Curves, from the lightest one to the hardest one

I hope this will help you.

Regards goldi5210

Reaction score
Hiee.. Goldi,
Help me with the one touch setting for different tones for any ot the style in PA50sd.M unable to store it for the track which is selected currently.

:)

Reaction score
Hiee.. Goldi,
Help me with the one touch setting for different tones for any ot the style in PA50sd.M unable to store it for the track which is selected currently.:)

Hej, hej SoTheFifthNote,
I think your problem is to find the method to store your changed Singele Touch Setting (STS).

Please read page 15 of the manual 'Write'-Button (No. 24) this opens the write window to store among others Singel Touch Settings (This button has double function)

WRITE/CARD IN USE
In Style Play mode, this button opens the Write window, that
lets you save all the tracks onto a Performance, the Realtime
(Keyboard) tracks in a Single Touch Setting (STS), or the
accompaniment tracks onto a Style Performance. (See “The
Write window” on page 42).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
An arpeggiator is a sort of mini sequencer built into a lot of keyboards which plays a rapid succession of notes whenever you hit a key. Depending on which key you play it will play an evenly tempered sequence of 3rds, 4ths or 5ths which will follow whatever root note you hit.

Here's an example of a King Korg arpeggiator from Youtube.

Ask a Question