Kurzweil Artis-losing effects when putting programs into multi mode

Reaction score
hi
I'm having problems with the effects when I use the split facility on my Artis.
I'm trying to split superflywahcast with brass and when I do it the guitar loses its wah effect.
Is there a way of switching the individual effects back on in split mode?
Thanks
Jon

Reaction score
I own a PC3 and like the PC3 the Artis supports loading 16 total FX units at one time. It sounds as though that the combination of programs being loaded exceed the 16 unit maximum. You can go into the effect section and redetermine the priority of the allocation of the effects units but even doing this one of the programs in the split is not going to get its effect because the Artis can only load a maximum of 16 total units and it sounds like the total number of units attempting to be loaded exceeds 16 in total. The new Forte can load 32 FX units at one time but models prior to the Forte have a 16 unit maximum at any one time.

Reaction score
I own a PC3 and like the PC3 the Artis supports loading 16 total FX units at one time. It sounds as though that the combination of programs being loaded exceed the 16 unit maximum. You can go into the effect section and redetermine the priority of the allocation of the effects units but even doing this one of the programs in the split is not going to get its effect because the Artis can only load a maximum of 16 total units and it sounds like the total number of units attempting to be loaded exceeds 16 in total. The new Forte can load 32 FX units at one time but models prior to the Forte have a 16 unit maximum at any one time.
Thanks Dave
I've found now that if I go to the superflywahcast program and play a few notes using wah effect and then go back to the multi containing superflywahcast it activates the wah effect-weird!
Jon

Reaction score
In the multi be sure you reassign the effect to be triggered by both the cc pedal and the mod wheel. It sounds more like an assignment of the control source issue. Make sure that the superflywahcast zone has the cc1 and modwheel pedal assigned to control the effect and that they are active in the zone of the multi.

Ask a Question