kurzweil repairs

Reaction score
K2500X pops and quits. Sometimes quits for good and sometimes quits and cycles back on as if nothing is wrong. The instrument is nearly 18 yrs old. I have a feeling that this problem is due to age and dirty connections. I plan on opening the unit and unplugging each connection, clean it and plug it back in. Has anyone had this problem and do you think my idea will work ? Or does anyone else know of something else that I could try. I know a good tech who has worked on this unit before but this is an intermittent problem that my or may not occur while in his shop. Thanks "TONY"

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
After 18 years dirty connector contacts are a definite possibility.

Opening it up, and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of DeOxit Contact cleaner may solve the problem.

Also with that kind of age take a look at the electrolytic capacitors for bulging caps. It may be a cap drying out or corroding internally.

If those check out and the problems persist you have done everything possible to track it down wiithout specialized instruments and tools.

Gary

Ask a Question