Latest track, you are my goal

Reaction score
Hi it's been awhile..thought i'd drop in and post my latest track..hope some of you like it..even though it was done with pc software...hope becky doesn't mind..i've no keyboard at the moment and have to make do with software...feel free to remove this post becky if it's against the rules...thanx :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-704801190/you-are-my-goal

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with good music regardless of what it was composed with.

I enjoyed it. Did you use canned loops or did you compose note by note in an editor?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary hows things mate :)
I used a program called Dance Ejay not sure if you're familar with it..I messed around with it years ago,seen an add for it and thought i'd give the latested one a go, I was bored out of my mind..well anyway my first attempt was shite but glady the second one turned out quite good....Ack it'll do until i get sorted out some time in the future miss the old keyboard...thanx for the compliment by the way.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm doing OK.

I'm moving next month so my studio's been packed away for the past 6 weeks.

I have no keys to play with at the moment except for a 4 octave controller hooked up to my laptop in the living room and a crappy Casio WK-6600 on a flimsy X-Stand in my basement.

Believe me, composing on those or trying to use them for any serious music is just painful compared to using my regular gear.

That's the main reason I haven't posted anything new on my soundcloud site for the past two months.,

Hopefully by October I'll be done with the move and unpacked so I can start making music again :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Could be worce you could be stuck usin an app on your phone like me lol well anyway mate thanx again and good luck with your move..nothing more stressful ohh i hate having to move.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I remember ejay. I played with Acid for a while, and bought ejay so my kids could also create music. It wasn't as flexible as Acid, but it could create interesting music by creative musicians. Also, it's inexpensive.

www.ejay.com

Also, this piece was fun and had more structure than most dance pieces I've heard.

Reaction score
I remember ejay. I played with Acid for a while, and bought ejay so my kids could also create music. It wasn't as flexible as Acid, but it could create interesting music by creative musicians. Also, it's inexpensive.

www.ejay.com

Also, this piece was fun and had more structure than most dance pieces I've heard.

Hi Fred I had alook at that program acid..to be honest it would take way to long for me to come up with anything on that...I wouldn't have the patience, I prefer ejay most of all the long hard work has been done..thanx anyway..and glad you liked my new piece..and you to Becky thanx,..well anyway heres attempt number Three :D hope you like as much as the last one https://soundcloud.com/user-704801190/digital-heart

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Hi Fred I had alook at that program acid..to be honest it would take way to long for me to come up with anything on that...I wouldn't have the patience,

Acid is an example of "as you gain more detailed control, it becomes harder to do anything." My father said the same thing about Finale, but he needed something with that level of power.

Now that Sony has sold Acid to MAGIX Software, I have no idea what its future holds. When Apple bought Logic/Notator, it became Macintosh only software. Who knows what MAGIX will do to Acid and the entire library of Acid loops. If you go to www.acidplanet.com (the community site for Acid), their free weekly loops haven't been updated since March. The MAGIX site has not been updated to reflect Acid. It may become an orphan program.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
well anyway heres attempt number Three :D hope you like as much as the last one https://soundcloud.com/user-704801190/digital-heart
I personally like this one the best. I like it very much considering I am
not a big fan of this kind of electronic music sorry to say. But adding the vocal gives it a better feel. Digital-heart is a thumbs up. In fact I would say that tune is the best ever l have heard of that kind. I think it could be published.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to listen to Digital Heart. Beautiful piece. Who's doing the vocals? Is it you with a pitch shifter or are there canned vocals in this program as well?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Nice bit of work mate.

Thank you cowboy :)

Acid is an example of "as you gain more detailed control, it becomes harder to do anything." My father said the same thing about Finale, but he needed something with that level of power.

Now that Sony has sold Acid to MAGIX Software, I have no idea what its future holds. When Apple bought Logic/Notator, it became Macintosh only software. Who knows what MAGIX will do to Acid and the entire library of Acid loops. If you go to www.acidplanet.com (the community site for Acid), their free weekly loops haven't been updated since March. The MAGIX site has not been updated to reflect Acid. It may become an orphan program.

I've now had a good look at this new Ejay properly fred, It actually seems to have alot of the same functions that Acid has, I don't know how long ago you had it but it has certainly come along way since I used it, must be what 17 years or so ago, I prefer it because it has a less complicated gui than Acid..Acid kind of reminds me of my map building days using Game map editors..it took along time to get my head round it...and learn all the different functions and learn what everything does..Eventaully I mastered it but these days I just don't have the time..to learn a complicated program that doesn't look easy to navigate..ejay definitely does look alot more simplistic but as I said can probably do the same things as Acid..don't take me up on that, I could be wrong i'm just going by watching a few tutorials on youtube..it might be able to do some things you cant do in Ejay but Ejay seems to fit all my needs so i'll probably just stick with it..thanx for your time mate In trying to help me out..much appreciated.. :)

I personally like this one the best. I like it very much considering I am
not a big fan of this kind of electronic music sorry to say. But adding the vocal gives it a better feel. Digital-heart is a thumbs up. In fact I would say that tune is the best ever l have heard of that kind. I think it could be published.

Wow thanx alot Rayblewit thats a compliment and half :) glad you enjoyed it..thats what it's all about, finally came up with something someone really likes...hopefully there will be more...heres hoping.

I finally had a chance to listen to Digital Heart. Beautiful piece. Who's doing the vocals? Is it you with a pitch shifter or are there canned vocals in this program as well?

Gary ;)

Ya caught me out Gary How did you know that was (camp voice)Me at the weekends, Damn i'm now out of the closet and everyone now knows i'm having a Secret love afair with a robot..theres just no foolin you Gary!.. J/K ya :D
It's just a few Vocals G-stringed to gether that are in Ejays samples...turned out better than I first thought it would. Glad you like it Mate :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL UMmmm Gary ^^please ignore^^ above comment, i think i need more sleep to many late nights thought for some reason you were talkin about the female vocals"bangs head off keyboard" damit it...why does this forum have a disapearing edit button..cringe :D

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
"bangs head off keyboard"
The people here are very smart, sharp and critical. Be very careful in what you type:eek:
Make sure you dot your t's and cross you i's.
Just tell the truth man!

Is it you with a pitch shifter or are there canned vocals

Tell the truth here deemax!. .
The female vocalist was a real person with exceptional talent:p
Her voice, her looks, . . .:cool:

Reaction score
Thanx Oriane very nice of you to say much appreciated man :)

The people here are very smart, sharp and critical. Be very careful in what you type:eek:
Make sure you dot your t's and cross you i's.
Just tell the truth man!

Tell the truth here deemax!. .
The female vocalist was a real person with exceptional talent:p
Her voice, her looks, . . .:cool:

You're right Ray she is I made It all up my music editing skills aren't as good as i tried to make you all believe..damn it cost me a fortune to hire her too...all for nothing now..the cat is out of the bag damn :D :p

I've got her to improve her vocal flow and the bot too I also improved the bridges in the track too..i would really appreciate some feed back guys just one last time...

https://soundcloud.com/user-704801190/digital-heart

Reaction score
Thank you becky..and all those who liked... i aim to please :)
I'll more than likely try and improve it..so I will keep you all updated in this thread.

Ask a Question