Looking to buy a simplistic keyboard for cheap but need help!

Reaction score
I have have a keyboard right but I hate it. It has all these features I don't need and it doesn't even sound good. I'm looking for a keyboard that doesn't have a bunch of fluff, just a few piano, organ tones etc. I want to sound like an actual piano! Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. My budget is 125$ or under if that's possible.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
For $125 or under you probably won't be able to get much more than a Yamaha PSR-E243 or Yamaha YPT-240. They're more or less identical-- they share the same owner's manual-- but I think the YPT-240 comes with a power adapter while the PSR-E243 doesn't. Both have only 61 keys, whereas a digital piano (which is what it sounds like you're looking for) usually has 76 or 88 keys. You can probably find older models for the same price or less, but I'd recommend getting the latest model.

You can also look at Casio-- they'll probably have a number of models for that price, but I'd recommend that you listen to them first if possible to see if their piano sound is good enough for you.

You might also be tempted to get an "off" brand-- but again, be sure to play it in the store and listen to it before deciding to buy it, or watch demo videos on YouTube.

What do you have right now?

Reaction score
Go buy yourself a Casio CTK 3200. Its a good deal at your price range. And a good instrument as well.

Reaction score
I have a real cheap off brand keyboard and it doesn't even sound like a piano. I'm pretty sure any other keyboard would be a upgrade!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ask a Question