Metronome

Reaction score
I have a psr E333 keyboard which has a metronome but I want a flashing LED so am considering drilling a hole in the case and wiring it into the existing circuit. Of course this may not work if the drivers are inadequate or not accessible or there is a risk of damage. So I want to persue another method. Does anyone know of a device which has an LED and clear display for older eyes and EVEN perhaps a voice counting 1 & 2 &... etc at variable tempo rates?

Thanks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Do you keep your PSR-E333 connected to a computer, or do you have a tablet or mobile device you can connect it to? I'm not familiar with metronome utilities, but I think I've seen some listed whenever I've searched the app stores for "MIDI." Yamaha doesn't make Android, Linux, or Unix USB-MIDI drivers for their keyboards, but if you're using a Windows or Apple device you could probably find a metronome utility that can send MIDI clock signals to your keyboard, and by turning on the keyboard's "ExtClock" function (see the bottom of page 42 in the Owner's Manual) it should synchronize to the external metronome.

Edit: Yamaha has a metronome app-- http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/yamaha_metronome/-- but a search for "midi metronome app" yields many other results.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My son is learning piano - he uses one of these:

METRONOME+KORG+KDM2.JPG

It's great.

It has a big flashing light at the top, so you can turn the sound down if you don't want to hear the clicking.

Alternatively my Korg Korme has a flashing light metronome inbuilt too. But I don't think you'd want to spend AUD1300 for that feature alone.

Cheers!

Ask a Question