New old fella!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been here for 2 days now and found this forum by sheer luck. I love it.
My story . . . I am 63! When I was 55 (8 years ago) I never knew how to read music . Never played anything musical. I borrowed a book from the library "Idiots guide to playing Keyboard" We had an old Yamaha PSR2 (4 octaves). It was my son's when he was an infant. I dragged it out oneday from under the bed. I practised on that. I learnt the keys and the staves and started playing real songs. I had stickers on the keys A,B,C etc. . LOL.
I liked what I was doing so went to buy a PSR 295 (5 octaves) This gave me more thrill and opportunities and new challenges and I began to learn the Chords (3 fingered). Now years later I have just advanced to my PSR S650 Yamaha (second hand but almost new.) This is an amazing machine and the sound is sensational. I would just like to say that you are never too old to learn. I just wish I took up music at a younger age.
Thanks for making this forum possible. Cheers all.

Ask a Question