Newbie with module question

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I live in the Dordogne in France and have just started playing in a band again after decades of nothing much, really. My question is this: I've use a Roland RD600, which I bought for the excellent piano sounds. I love a lot about this keyboard (not the weight, obviously) - but the brass patches are awful (and the strings not much better) - does anyone have any recommendations for a module that would give me great brass, generally for soul music? Back in 1989 I had a Korg EX-800 which was great, but needed tuning manually, which led to one of my most embarrassing moments on stage. I'll say no more for now.

So. In short. Looking for ideas for a module to work beautifully with my RD600. Very regular gigs, so not too heavy. I like to travel light. Apart from the 88 lead-weighted keys...

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
A working EX-800 - well done.

@OP Welcome to the forum. Don't know your budget - how about selling what you have and replacing it with a Casio PX-5S? I understand there's an active user group on Facebook with a lot of help available. It's a lot lighter than your Roland - and it'll do punchy synth brass - is that what you're looking for?

Ask a Question