Philosophical ramblings...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The imminent passing of a beloved aunt in the next 48 hours has me in an uncommonly sentimental and pensive mood.

Somehow I feel the only way I can share my feelings at this time is thru the musical poetry of the Alan Parsons Project.

I dragged this tune out of the mothballs in hopes that it might comfort some others who have experienced what my family is currently going thru.

Peace be with you my brothers and sisters...

Reaction score
I am very sorry for your imminent loss, my friend. You and your family will be in my thoughts over the coming days, and may you find solace in one another's company.

Peace, always !

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thank you for your sympathy. I'm dreading in anticipation the inevitable phone call which may come day or night.

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that happyrat1 :( Thanks for sharing the song, it's funny how much solace can be found in music. Hope you're doing ok.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
She passed peacefully on the 21st in the afternoon. We've all had time to decompress a bit and now the funeral is on the 29th. I won't be able to attend since I have to look after my ailing father and the service is 400 miles away, but I will be able to tune it in on the web, so I'll be there in spirit at least.

She was 89 years when she passed and lived a good life. All things must eventually end. :(

Gary

Reaction score
Gary

I am saddened by your loss. I know from my own experience that even though it was anticipated, that does not make the loss any easier.

I am sorry that you will not be able to attend her services. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts, and I wish you well in caring for your father.

Peace, my friend !

Ask a Question