Precaution of finger and hand for new learner.

Reaction score
I am 33 and started to learning keyboard. Can any body suggest the precaution of finger and hand .

Because I Feel Pain in both hand fingers during practice.

Reaction score
Hi!

Two things to remember while practising :

1) Make sure your hands are curved i.e. your fingers are not flat.

2) Make sure there is abaolutely NO tension/stress in your hands,wrists and arms while you are practising as tension eventually leads to muscle fatigue and ultimately pain.

Reaction score
Hi!

Two things to remember while practising :

1) Make sure your hands are curved i.e. your fingers are not flat.

2) Make sure there is abaolutely NO tension/stress in your hands,wrists and arms while you are practising as tension eventually leads to muscle fatigue and ultimately pain.

Thanks , I will Try .

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
45 minutes to an hour per day to start should serve you well.

Also I'd recommend picking up a tiny Casio like the SA-76 to practice fingering and ear training when you're not at your main keyboard.

http://www.casio-intl.com/in/en/emi/mini/sa76/

http://www.gadgetsguru.in/casio-new-mini-keyboard-sa-76-price-specification-buy-india-15210.aspx

I even use mine to practice in bed before I go to sleep. ;)

Gary

Oh! that why i feel so much pain in my both wrists.

31st Jan2014 I purchased [YAMAHA PSR-E343 ] By advised . And start practicing with both hand simultanious continus 2 to 3 Hr Daily twice.

I surprised , in 3 days i playd very well Like Major Scale with both hand simultanious.

But , now from two days i am not able to play because of pain.

Reaction score
G'day Narendra,

Yeah that's definitely too much. When learning an instrument/song/scale, frequency of practice (ie. every day) is far more important than duration of practice. My brother, who is a professional music teacher, multi-instrumentalist and veteran of more gigs than I could count, frequently gives this advice to his students. And personal experience tells me he's on the money.

Also, like anything physical, you do need to build up a bit of fitness before engaging in longer or more physically taxing sessions.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Actually I feel pain in the fingers because I do lot of work in my terrace garden. what can I do?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions.

1) Limit the amount of work you do in the garden by taking frequent rest breaks and working out the kinks in your fingers with a few exercises.

2) Wear gloves when you are doing garden work.

3) Try not to overdo it when practicing the keyboard.

4) Invest in an electric massager and use it for 10-20 minutes per day to improve circulation.

https://www.amazon.com/Oster-Professional-103-Stim-U-Lax-Massager/dp/B00107I9XM

5) Consult with a physiotherapist and your doctor to see if you suffer any medical problems or restrictions such as early onset arthritis.

6) Remember music is supposed to be fun. Don't overdo it and limit the amount of practice time. Remember, if you play until it hurts you have already been playing an hour too long.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question