Problem with casio ctk 7000 - sd card

Reaction score
hello !

I have new sd card and when i save something on my sd card (rhythm, tone, ...) my keyboard writes "No file". But in computer i can see that this rhythm or tone there is. please help me.

Reaction score
Dusi:

If you did not format your SD Card with the keyboard, you need to do so. That will create a MUSICDAT folder on the card. All files on the card (rhythm, tone, etc - except audio files) must be in this MUSICDAT folder in order for the keyboard to see them. If you ever intend to record audio files to the SD Card, it MUST be formatted in the keyboard, because only the keyboard can create the hidden partition (not a simple folder) on the card for the storage of audio files.

Kelly:

Are you using a Casio pedal ? What kind of problems are you having with it ?

Dusi & Kelly:

You might also be interested in the Casio Music Forum:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/

Reaction score
I don't remember what my old model was, I already got rid of it. I heard the HQRP sustain pedal is great, a friend of mine ordered it.

Reaction score
Kelly:

If your pedal problem was that the pedal sustained when it was not pressed and did not sustain when it was pressed, then the pedal's "polarity" was wrong. Some pedals have a "polarity" switch so that they can work with either type of keyboard. For those types of pedals, it is just a matter of setting the switch to the correct position. Likewise, some keyboards have a menu selected switch on the pedal connection jack to switch polarities. The Casio CTK/WK models do not have this option. If neither the pedal nor the keyboard have a polarity switch, then the pedal must be matched to the keyboard when it is purchased. The HQRP pedal you mention above looks like a good choice. It sells on Amazon for $20 (USD), and they make a specific model for the Casio CTK/WK boards. The Amazon listing for it does not specifically show the CTK-7000, but all Casio CTK/WK models take the same polarity switch, so what works for one will work for all. Just be sure to purchase one that states, specifically, that it is compatible with Casio CTK/WK models. An even better choice might be a pedal with a polarity switch, so that it would work with any board you might purchase in the future.

If the pedal you had worked erratically, or not at all, then it could have been defective or possibly could have been an expression (volume) control pedal, instead of an "on/off" sustain control pedal. Those types of pedals will not work with Casio CTK/WK boards, at all.

HQRP Sustain Pedal for Casio CTK/WK models: http://www.amazon.com/HQRP-CTK-2090...F8&qid=1454570817&sr=8-6&keywords=casio+pedal

"1TO1 Music" Switchable Sustain Pedal: http://www.amazon.ca/Keyboard-Piano-Sustain-Switchable-Polarity/dp/B0013NB0ES

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kelly Parker:
I don't use pedal.

Ted Nicoson:
I formatted my sd card. There is the file MUSICDAT and all files (rhythms, tone,etc..) are in this folder, but my keyboard write "no file". I don't know why, but interesting is that my keyboard can save. When I save for example rhythm, tone, etc .., my keyboards save it in the folder MUSICDAT. I can see it in my pc. But, when I press the button "Card" on keyboard , my keyboard write "No file".

Reaction score
Dusi:

I thoroughly apologize for not picking up on this from your first post. I think everyone of us has been through this when we first met/meet these new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX keyboards. Afterall, if you want to save something to or load something from the SD Card, it just makes sense that you would press that button so prominently labeled "CARD", but that would be too easy. I think Casio did it this way as a test to see how well we read the manual. The "CARD" button is used for card utilities - format, file rename, file delete, and playing back Standard MIDI Files (SMF) that have been loaded there from a computer or converted and saved there by the Song Sequencer. Saving/loading of Tone, Rhythm, Registration, etc. files is done via the "FUNCTION" button menu system. To load a file, see the section "Loading Data from a Memory Card" beginning in the left hand column on Page 140 of the manual. To save a file, see the section "Saving Digital Keyboard Data to a Memory Card" beginning in the left hand column of Page 138. You have to read the early phrases in both of these sections very carefully, as they are going to mention pressing the "CARD" button, but you only do so to take the keyboard OUT of CARD mode, if it is in Card mode. You can not load/save files if the keyboard is in CARD mode. It will only be in CARD mode if you put it there, so for the most part, you can just ignore those statements.

Hope this helps ! Best of luck !

Regards,

Ted

Reaction score
Ted :

I appreciate your help. :) I try everything what is written in manual. I found this video. He shows how to save a song or sequence in sd card. In 1:16 we can see some data in card, but everything is .mid. Does it mean that I can see in card only data .mid and when I save .ac7, .al7 so I cannot see it ?

Regards,
Dusi

video:

Reaction score
Dusi

The video you posted is the procedure for saving/loading SONG files. It will not work for loading
or saving TONES or RHYTHMS, because he puts the keyboard into SONG SEQUENCER
mode instead of leaving it in TONE or RHYTHM mode, but he does stress that if the keyboard
is in CARD mode, then you need to press the CARD button to take it out of CARD mode. You
need to understand that pressing the CARD button by itself toggles the keyboard in or out
of CARD mode with each press, while pressing the CARD button while holding the FUNCTION
button down puts the keyboard into SAVE/LOAD mode, and pressing the EXIT button takes it
out of SAVE/LOAD mode and puts it back into regular play mode, but the keyboard must be
OUT of CARD mode before you can use the FUNCTION button to put it into SAVE/LOAD mode.

Start with the keyboard powered OFF.
Power the keyboard ON.

If you want to save/load TONE files, press the USER TONE button,
AND use the UP/DOWN ARROW buttons to ensure that [[TONE]]
is selected with the heavy brackets on the display. These two items
need to match.

- - - OR - - -

If you want to save/load RHYTHM files, press the USER RHYTHM button,
AND use the UP/DOWN ARROW buttons to ensure that [[RHYTHM]]
is selected with the heavy brackets on the display. These two items
need to match.

You must do one or the other of the above two steps, or the following step will not work,
as the keyboard will only save/load User Files. It will not allow you to go into SAVE/LOAD
mode if a pre-set TONE category or a pre-set RHYTHM category is selected.

Press AND HOLD the FUNCTION button as you MOMENTARILY press the CARD button.
If the display shows any .MID files, then the keyboard went into CARD mode instead of
SAVE/LOAD mode, and you will need to press EXIT and repeat this step. My CTK-6000
and my WK-7500 do this correctly - first time - every time, but my CTK-7000 typically
requires 3 or 4 attempts to get it correct. There seems to be something amiss with its
FUNCTION button, and it keeps coming up in CARD mode, instead of SAVE/LOAD mode.
When the keyboard is in SAVE/LOAD mode, the display will show any .TN7 (TONE),
or .AC7 (RHYTHM) files, etc, that you may already have on the card, depending upon
what type of file you have set the keyboard up to SAVE/LOAD.

I think this should get you past the point where you are having a problem. You should
be able to follow the manual for the rest of the steps for selecting the files to load or
save, and selecting where they go, and naming them on a save operation.

If you have not already done so, I highly recommend downloading the Casio Data
Manager 6.1 software from the Casio website, and installing it on your computer,
and using it for the above operations. You connect the keyboard to the computer
with a standard USB cable. You then unplug the card from the keyboard and
plug it into the computer, and use the Data Manager software to extract copies of
your files from the keyboard's User Memory and place them into the MUSICDAT
folder on the card, or for moving copies of files from the card to the keyboard's
User Memory. You then unplug the card from the computer and plug it back
into the keyboard's card slot. It would have been better if the software would allow
these operations with the card left in the keyboard, but it will only recognize the card
when it is in the computer, not the keyboard. It works very similar to the Windows/MAC-OS drag
and drop file manager operations. The Data Manager software's display will show about
15 lines at a time of files in the keyboard's User Memory, files in the MUSICDAT folder
on the card, and even copies of those files that you may have on your computer's
hard drive. You will find that this is infinitely more convenient and less time consuming
than doing it on the keyboard with the constrained "button/menu" process. I only do
this on the keyboard, even if it is just for one or two files, if I am away from the studio
and do not have access to a computer.

You can download a free copy of Data Manager 6.1 from here:

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=67

You must use Data Manager 6.1. If you come across a copy of Data Manager 5.0,
it is for other models, and will not work with the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ted

Thank you for your help. You helped me. i have one question. Can I save in SD card whole bank ? . I play live music and i often use banks. I would like to save whole bank in card. For example the first bank is tone Saxophone with split Bass rhythm Polka. it would be number 1 in card.

Regards,
Dusi

Reaction score
Dusi:

Yes ! You are talking about REGISTRATONS. The CTK-7000 provides you with 16 banks of 6 Registrations each, for a total of 96. That is very good for a keyboard in this price range. You can save your Registrations to a file on the SD Card, but you can not save individual Registrations or individual Banks to the card. They are saved in complete sets of 16 Banks of 6 Registrations each to a single file on the card. If you typically use 3 individual Registrations per song, then one Bank would cover two songs per Bank for a total of 32 songs per file on the card, but many keyboard players allot one complete Bank per song, regardless of how many individual Registrations within the Bank they use for that particular song. In that case, one file set on the card would provide Banks for 16 songs. If you need setups for 32 songs, you would need 2 file sets on the card, and for 64 songs, you would need 4 file sets on the card. You can do this, as long as you use different file names when you save them to the card. NOW . . . you can not access or select or play or run (whatever word you choose to describe it) individual Registrations or individual Banks directly from the card. The entire file of 16 Banks of 6 must be "loaded" from the card back into the keyboard's internal memory before they can be accessed, so you need to allow time for doing this during a live performance when moving from one Bank file to another.

To save your Registration Banks to the card, ensure that the keyboard is not in CARD mode and then press the BANK button to go into BANK (or REGISTRATION) mode and then press FUNCTION+CARD to go into load/save mode and perform your load or your name/save operation, then press EXIT to return to TONE/RHYTHM ("play") mode, and you are done.

Best of luck !

Regards,

Ted

Ask a Question