problem with the midi connect

Reaction score
Hi, I have a piano YAMAHA PSR - E313
I also have a USB MIDI
I have FL Studio (full, not demo)
And yet something is not working.

I'm trying to fix all the piano setting and works as the manual says, and yet .... Something does not work!

This is what happens when I try to download the driver:

Here's what happens when I try to check the channel:

And that's what shows me FL studio:

maybe it's because i have cable like this and not from yamaha? :

Pleas help me .... : <

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all, it shouldn't need drivers. That type of interface should be recognized by windows and a class compliant driver installed automatically.

Secondly, check your connections. The Plug marked OUT should connect to MIDI IN on the keyboard and vice versa.

Reaction score
First of all, it shouldn't need drivers. That type of interface should be recognized by windows and a class compliant driver installed automatically.

Secondly, check your connections. The Plug marked OUT should connect to MIDI IN on the keyboard and vice versa.

Thanks but as I said I've tried everything just by what the Manual says
Including connection OUT to IN

Reaction score
Please see my response to your post on this matter over on the PSR-TUTORIAL forum that I posted there several days ago. You do not have a problem. You are connecting a MIDI adapter, but the error message you are getting is a YAMAHA AUDIO driver installation error message. As happyrat1 stated, you should not need any drivers at all, but it appears you are trying to install a YAMAHA AUDIO driver for some reason. You are connecting a MIDI device - not an AUDIO device. That is why the AUDIO driver will not install. As the message states, it can not find an AUDIO device. All of your screen shots indicate that your USB-MIDI adapter is working fine. On the Connection Check screen, select the MIDIOUT2 port instead of the USB-MIDI 2.0 port. The USB-MIDI 2.0 port is for a USB "printer cable" type of connection direct to the keyboard. Your E313 does not have that type of connection. The MIDIOUT2 port is for the 5-pin-DIN-MIDI connector on your adapter cable, which IS, in turn, connected to the USB-MIDI 2.0 port. So, when you check to the USB-MIDI 2.0 port, you are only checking part way. You should also have the keyboard connected when you do the check.

Perhaps you are being confused by the fact that you think you are connecting a Yamaha keyboard to your PC, but from a driver standpoint, you are not, really. You are connecting an adapter cable to your PC. Then you are connecting a Yamaha keyboard to the adapter cable. So, your PC will "see" the adapter cable, and the adapter cable will "see" the Yamaha keyboard. Even if you did need drivers, you would need drivers for what the PC "sees" - the adapter cable - not the keyboard. In other words, even though there is a Yamaha keyboard at the end of the chain, you would not need Yamaha drivers, just the drivers for the adapter cable. As it turns out though, your adapter cable uses the drivers that are already built-in to your operating system, so you don't need to install any additional drivers.

Hope this helps.

Good luck !

Reaction score
Please see my response to your post on this matter over on the PSR-TUTORIAL forum that I posted there several days ago. You do not have a problem. You are connecting a MIDI adapter, but the error message you are getting is a YAMAHA AUDIO driver installation error message. As happyrat1 stated, you should not need any drivers at all, but it appears you are trying to install a YAMAHA AUDIO driver for some reason. You are connecting a MIDI device - not an AUDIO device. That is why the AUDIO driver will not install. As the message states, it can not find an AUDIO device. All of your screen shots indicate that your USB-MIDI adapter is working fine. On the Connection Check screen, select the MIDIOUT2 port instead of the USB-MIDI 2.0 port. The USB-MIDI 2.0 port is for a USB "printer cable" type of connection direct to the keyboard. Your E313 does not have that type of connection. The MIDIOUT2 port is for the 5-pin-DIN-MIDI connector on your adapter cable, which IS, in turn, connected to the USB-MIDI 2.0 port. So, when you check to the USB-MIDI 2.0 port, you are only checking part way. You should also have the keyboard connected when you do the check.

Perhaps you are being confused by the fact that you think you are connecting a Yamaha keyboard to your PC, but from a driver standpoint, you are not, really. You are connecting an adapter cable to your PC. Then you are connecting a Yamaha keyboard to the adapter cable. So, your PC will "see" the adapter cable, and the adapter cable will "see" the Yamaha keyboard. Even if you did need drivers, you would need drivers for what the PC "sees" - the adapter cable - not the keyboard. In other words, even though there is a Yamaha keyboard at the end of the chain, you would not need Yamaha drivers, just the drivers for the adapter cable. As it turns out though, your adapter cable uses the drivers that are already built-in to your operating system, so you don't need to install any additional drivers.

Hope this helps.

Good luck !

Thanks, you're right
But still something strange, when I press a key on the software he continues even after releasing the key

Also connections or settings problem?

Reaction score
This is a common problem. You have a MIDI feedback loop going. Either go into the MIDI setup for FL Studio and turn off MIDI THRU (They may call it ECHO) or go into the MIDI setup for the keyboard and turn off LOCAL. If you turn off LOCAL in the keyboard, don't forget to turn it back on when you disconnect it from the computer or you will not get any sound from it.

Reaction score
This is a common problem. You have a MIDI feedback loop going. Either go into the MIDI setup for FL Studio and turn off MIDI THRU (They may call it ECHO) or go into the MIDI setup for the keyboard and turn off LOCAL. If you turn off LOCAL in the keyboard, don't forget to turn it back on when you disconnect it from the computer or you will not get any sound from it.
i can't find the setting to change it... :\

Reaction score
FL Studio appears to default to a THRU or ECHO function that can not be turned off. (I find this hard to believe!) In that case, you will have to open the "loop" with the keyboard's "LOCAL" option. This is done from the keyboard's "FUNCTION" menu as explained on Pages 61-63 of your owner's manual. The actual list of "FUNCTION" items is shown on Pages 59-60. When you turn "LOCAL" OFF, you essentially disconnect the keyboard's keys from its internal sound generator. In that case, the keyboard's "NOTE-ON" and "NOTE-OFF" signals are sent from the the keyboard's "MIDI-OUT" port to FL Studio. FL Studio then echos those signals back to the keyboard's internal sound generator via its "MIDI-IN" port to sound the notes. This is why you need to turn "LOCAL" back ON when disconnecting the keyboard from the PC. If you don't, you will not get any sound from the keyboard when using it as a standalone unit. This is also why it is better to turn off "THRU" in your DAW software. Then it makes no difference to the keyboard, but as I have already stated, FL Studio does not appear to have a "THRU" function that you can turn off.

If you need an Owner's Manual, you can download one from here:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musi...oards/portable_keyboards/psr-e313/?mode=model

Click on the "SUPPORT" tab.

If you are not already a Yamaha Easy-Pass member, you will need to register with a valid email address and assign yourself a password before you can download.

Good luck !

Reaction score
Dear I have a key board Casio CTK 5000 but I am not able to connect midi because I am not having the midi driver of this key board. Can anyone provide me the driver please.

Ask a Question