Prog rock keyboard player looking for synth

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm looking for a synth to complement my Korg SV-1. I'm playing a lot of progressive rock, so I'm looking for something that will deliver both pads as well as Rudess/Wakeman sounding leads.

• 37-61 keys - I need a keyboard, no racks at this point
  • preferably with built in effects
  • everything "up front". I don't like touch screens or menues that you have to dig into to control basic stuff when playing live.
  • polyphonic
  • Available. The market for used synths in Sweden is pretty *meh*
  • Not too advanced. Although I'm an experienced musician, I'm pretty green when it comes to sythesis. (Though I'm eager to learn). But definitely not simplistic!
  • <1500 US dollars

The stuff I've been looking at so far is Nord Lead 2x, Roland Gaia SH-01, Korg R3. Any other recommendations or comments about the ones I looked at thus far?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
The perfect keyboard for that in my opinion would be kurzweil PC3 K8 but the keyboard is around 2,5 - 2,6 euros so that's around 1,9 dollars if am not wrong, really simple to you, no big menus wherebyou have to dig through, a really wide range of sound editing, perfect for progressive ganders. Am playing my self prog rock/metal (but fully from neoclassical to jazz and all the way to symphonic) also black and doom projects and am really looking up to this amazing new keyboard by kurzweil. Hope I helped out.

Ask a Question