PSR E333 Function key

Reaction score
Scenario: Press function key multiple times to reach "transpose" function. "Accidentally press function key again ..... How can you return quickly and easily to the transpose function? I don't want to have to cycle through all the choices on the function key, nor do I want to turn off the power (which is just about as quick as cycling through choices). Thanks.

Reaction score
Hey Wes,

There are other forum users who are far more well-versed than me on Yamaha keyboards, but I was wondering if as an alternative you can actually transpose the patch permanently, then save it to a "favourites" bank or something similar?

That way you'd always have the transposed patch under your fingertips at the touch of a button when you want to switch to it quickly for live use, plus the original patch would obviously still be sitting there untouched if you needed to switch back quickly.

This would definitely work on either of my Korgs. Normally I'd dive into the PSR E333 user manual for you to confirm, but I have to go out this morning. ;)

Cheers,

Paul

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
On page 41 of the PSR-E333 owner's manual it says you can decrement the function number by pressing the [ - ] button while holding down the [FUNCTION] button, so that gives you a way to move backwards through the function numbers if you've accidentally pressed the [FUNCTION] button too many times.

However, you can also jump to specific functions by either pressing or holding down certain buttons-- e.g., holding down the [SONG] button will take you directly to the "Song Volume" function, whereas holding down the [HARMONY] button will take you directly to the "Harmony Type" function. So if you want a way to quickly get to a specific function but there's no button that takes you there directly, press or hold down whichever button takes you to the function closest to the one you want, then use the [FUNCTION] button (or the [FUNCTION]-[ - ] combination) to go forwards (or backwards) to the desired function. For example, "Transpose" is function 3, whereas "Song Volume" is function 2, so you could hold down the [SONG] button to jump to the "Song Volume" function, then press the [FUNCTION] button to advance to the "Transpose" function.

Reaction score
On page 41 of the PSR-E333 owner's manual it says you can decrement the function number by pressing the [ - ] button while holding down the [FUNCTION] button, so that gives you a way to move backwards through the function numbers if you've accidentally pressed the [FUNCTION] button too many times.

However, you can also jump to specific functions by either pressing or holding down certain buttons-- e.g., holding down the [SONG] button will take you directly to the "Song Volume" function, whereas holding down the [HARMONY] button will take you directly to the "Harmony Type" function. So if you want a way to quickly get to a specific function but there's no button that takes you there directly, press or hold down whichever button takes you to the function closest to the one you want, then use the [FUNCTION] button (or the [FUNCTION]-[ - ] combination) to go forwards (or backwards) to the desired function. For example, "Transpose" is function 3, whereas "Song Volume" is function 2, so you could hold down the [SONG] button to jump to the "Song Volume" function, then press the [FUNCTION] button to advance to the "Transpose" function.
Thank you very much. I read that page, but entirely missed that sentence ! Usually that's all I need to do ....'go backwards for one function'. The second paragraph makes sense also. I guess I'm not as sharp as I was in my younger days !

Reaction score
I have the same keyboard and wondered if you as an owner could recommend the best learning books (complete novice). I like Jazz and older POP music but I also would like to experiment with creating music from chord progressions (is that the right expression?). Would appreciate any recommendation. I am in the UK. Thanks.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When you say "complete novice," if you mean that you've never even taken any piano lessons, then you might want to include some books intended for learning/teaching piano lessons, such as A Dozen a Day or other course books. These are usually available from your local music store, and would be the sorts of books a piano teacher would buy for you to learn from.

Ask a Question