Recording questions for any MOXF6 owners

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha MOXF6 and I think the sounds are fantastic. I've slowly been getting to know this keyboard and find it highly non intuitive. Coming from a Roland XP-60 and Juno G before and they were very easy to navigate get around and edit, copy paste, etc., everything was very apparent, no steep learning curve. For anyone that may own the MOXF6 and records with it, I just have some basic questions if you might be able to help as follows:

1. When I'm recording I am not able to find an undo or a way to delete what I just recorded, should be simple but not so far.

2. I would like to use the arpeggio patterns in peformance mode when recording a pattern and am wondering if I can call up another performance to add to my chain to give a little variety. For example in one performance I might have acoustic guitar bass and drums, but if I want a heavier sound in a different section of the song, a different performance might give me more distorted guitar crunch with a different beat but still in the same time which should work. Haven't found a way to do this.

3. Last question - within the voices themselves there are arpeggios for specific voices like guitar strums, piano patterns, etc but when I go to record them, they don't work and I just have the voice.

If I wanted to I could just lay in my own drums bass and other keyboard parts myself. That is the way I used to record on the Rolands but I find that some of the arpeggios are really great and would take a lot of work out of the recording process. I have looked at the reference manual and it is very technical and they have presented a steep learning curve, at least to me - maybe I'm a dolt, starting to feel that way, lol -

Hey if you use this keyboard and can help in any way with my above concerns it would be greatly appreciated. I think this keyboard is great but it hasn't been easy to learn and at times is a PITA.

Thanks if you can help

Ask a Question