RUSH keys sounds 4 Roland XP-80

Reaction score
Hey,

Newbie here...

I am primarily a bassist, but in my new band I am also playing some keys and could really use some help from you more experienced keyboardists.

We are playing a couple of songs by RUSH - Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of the Radio - and I am trying to put together some sounds on my XP-80 that are similar to the ones used in those songs.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Are there any people out there that play these songs and have some patches and/or layered patches that they use that sound authentic to the original recordings?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
G'day!

I must admit I don't play any Rush, nor do I have any familiarity with the Roland XP-80. However perhaps if you are a little more specific about which sounds you wish to recreate (there's quite a few) someone here may be able to assist. Plenty of Roland users here.

I'm also prepared to have a crack for you when I get time - but I could only give you fairly generic advice as I use Korgs for synthesis.

Cheers.

Ask a Question