small keyboard or folding keyboard

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new to this board but look forward to reading all the posts.

I am in search of the smallest casio keyboard with the following requirments
Touch sensative
USB midi
The microphone in port would be a nice option if available
SD card port would be great also if the internal sounds were good to play SMF in case the computer were to crater( nice backup )

I am trying to use the keyboard as a controller on my computer with One man Band and then an ketron sd2 module.

The goal here is portability, I play guitar with my own backing tracks and also play keyboard Live with rythmes.

I am on the airplane a certain amount so I would like to have a very small keyboard.

At present I find casio to be the only keyboard that meets my criteria 10lbs and very short ( I have an older WK8000 which is awesome keyboard but a bit large for my need.

All I can find is info on the current casio keyboards. and appears the 2200 is the smallest and most affordable.

Has anyone ever seen a hack of a Keyboard where the keys have been removed from the keyboard and cut in half so the keyboard woulf fold in half?

I have never had one apart so I don't know if this is even possible.

Thanks

hayseed

Reaction score
Hej, hej hayseed,

here I found something for you:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/casio_lk_280.htm

CASIO LK-280

Casio LK-280 Keyboard - 61 illuminated keys with touch response, 48-note polyphony, 6000 sounds, 180 styles, 110 internal songs, 3-level learning system, transpose function, LCD display, metronome, internal sampler 10sek record, internal thomann 6 tracks recorder, SD or SDHC card reader 32 GB, SMF player, microphone input, USB MIDI, sustain pedal input, headphone/line output, 2x 2.5W speakers, powered via batteries or incl. power supply (AD-E95100L). Dimensions: 948 x 350 x 103mm.

Weight: 4,5kg = 10 lb

And here ar some Midi Controller Keyboards without own sounds but very lightweighted:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Keystation61es

M-Audio Keystation 61es
Item ID: Keystation61es

61 Semi-Weighted Key, Velocity Sensitive Self-powered USB MIDI Keyboard Controller

11 lbs
################################################

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Axiom49mk2

M-Audio Axiom 49
Item ID: Axiom49mk2
Based on 2 reviews

49-key USB MIDI Controller with Semi-weighted Action, DirectLink Mode for Automatic DAW Mapping, Pitch and Mod Wheels, 8 Trigger Pads, 8 Encoders, 9 Sliders, and Transport Controls

6,9 lbs

And here you can look yourself:

http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/keyboards/keyboard-controllers/

Torbjörn

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new to this board but look forward to reading all the posts.

I am in search of the smallest casio keyboard with the following requirments
Touch sensative
USB midi
The microphone in port would be a nice option if available
SD card port would be great also if the internal sounds were good to play SMF in case the computer were to crater( nice backup )

I am trying to use the keyboard as a controller on my computer with One man Band and then an ketron sd2 module.

The goal here is portability, I play guitar with my own backing tracks and also play keyboard Live with rythmes.

I am on the airplane a certain amount so I would like to have a very small keyboard.

At present I find casio to be the only keyboard that meets my criteria 10lbs and very short ( I have an older WK8000 which is awesome keyboard but a bit large for my need.

All I can find is info on the current casio keyboards. and appears the 2200 is the smallest and most affordable.

Has anyone ever seen a hack of a Keyboard where the keys have been removed from the keyboard and cut in half so the keyboard woulf fold in half?

I have never had one apart so I don't know if this is even possible.

Thanks

hayseed
Jan 2017. ROLAND VR 09 is 12lb wonder board

Ask a Question