Suggestion Needed: $1250 budget for a digital piano

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to buy a digital piano. I own a Korg Kross 61 which I love but the keys are not hammered keys and since I am new to playing my wrists are not as strong. I practice in Kross 61 but when I play in a grand piano on school recital it makes a big difference.

So I wanted to have a digital piano. I am thinking of Korg LP-180 or LP-380 which fits the budget but I have read in a piano forum that the sound quality is just so-so. I wanted the best quality I can find at the price. Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated! TIA!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Best piano sounds today? Kurzweil Artis or Forte, but way over budget. Next best thing? Casio Privia PX-5S or PX-560. Amazing sounds and amazing technology for an amazing price.

Also take a look at what's out from Kawai these days. They have a great rep for piano sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79BPGiIk94

Gary ;)

Reaction score
+1 to Gary. The Forte IS the shit...... but way over your (and my) budget. Check out the Casio. Don't be fooled by the name, the Casio professional line of keyboards are surprising good.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to buy a digital piano. I own a Korg Kross 61 which I love but the keys are not hammered keys and since I am new to playing my wrists are not as strong. I practice in Kross 61 but when I play in a grand piano on school recital it makes a big difference.

So I wanted to have a digital piano. I am thinking of Korg LP-180 or LP-380 which fits the budget but I have read in a piano forum that the sound quality is just so-so. I wanted the best quality I can find at the price. Any suggestions would definitely be appreciated! TIA!

Add $45 and you can get a Kurzweil SP6. Lower, Yamaha P125, Korg D1, and Roland FP30. Older, Roland FP50 for around the price of the SP6. Perhaps a Yamaha CP40 if you look.

Ask a Question