Touch sensitivity / velocity range with Ableton and Prokeys Sono 88

Reaction score
Hi experts,

I have a touch sensitivity / velocity range problem using my Prokeys Sono 88 keyboard with Ableton, playing the keyboard through ableton via midi instruments.

When playing the keyboard using its built in audio (grand piano, organ etc), I can produce the fainest sounds with the faintest touches, but this isnt possible when playing midi instruments in Ableton. In ableton, the response is touch sensitive but the lowest possible volume of sound produced by a key press is still a little too loud.

Using a program called miditrace, I checked the midi signals sent by the Keyboard and found that key presses with velocity values ranging from x00 to x 04 all produce sounds of the same volume in Ableton. So I know its not a keyboard sensitivity problem.

I guess there must be some way I can configure this in Ableton. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry I can't offer any specific help but there must be something in Ableton under Tools, or Options or Preferences or Global or Project Settings that enables the software to recognize Velocity info along with other controllers and aftertouch and NRPNs and stuff like that.

Look for some kind of tiny checkbox for the parameter.

Gary

Ask a Question