Transparent blue eyes

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hi there a new try, Transparent blue eyes. Hope y'all enjoy. Thank you.
Tranparent%20blue%20eyes2.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/orianelima/transparent-blue-eyes

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That conjures up images of a jazz trio in a smoky coffee house or bar, with an upright bass player, drummer, and pianist. :)

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Michael:) I'm glad for your comment, I appreciated. The image you imagined is perfect. Thank you.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you can stand a few suggestions, here are a couple that are intended to help with future recordings-- there's no need to change this one, and these aren't criticisms.

Rather than have just one instrument (in this case, acoustic piano) playing for an extended period with accompaniment, how about switching the main part off to a different instrument or two after a bit (in this case, a mellow sax followed by an acoustic guitar might be nice), as well as letting the accompanying instruments have a bit of front time for a bit.

By the way, I liked that the percussion wasn't a typical drum rhythm, but was a snare played with a brush-- it really went well with the bass and piano.

This was, I take it, unscripted free-form jazz, so it's understandable that there are no specific themes or keys. But it would be interesting if you varied the mood a bit by using one dominant key or recurring theme in one part, then switched to different dominant keys or recurring themes in other parts.

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Sea, wow! I tried to change the instruments, as you suggested, but I confused myself and I could not do it properly. I'll keep trying, for sure. Hey, Michael I thank you for your advice. You are absolutely right about the change of key. At times I get lost, always following the same sonority {would be interesting if you varied the mood a bit by using one key or dominant recurring theme in one part, Then switched to different dominant keys} I fully understand the advice, thank you:)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't mind my suggestions. :)

You said you tried to change instruments but had trouble. One thing you can do is record each instrument to a separate track, recording each track individually-- i.e., rather than trying to record all of the tracks at the same time.

But if you want to switch instruments in the middle of a track so you don't lose your groove, probably the easiest way would be to determine ahead of time which instruments you plan to use, then select each one and save it to a registration. The PSR-E443 has four registration buttons, so you can quickly switch to any of four instrument voices during your performance without having to switch to a different registration bank. (There are 32 registrations in all, but you can access only four of them at a time without having to press a few extra buttons to switch banks.)

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hahaha, the egg of Columbus. Very cool, what you taught. Michael, Thanks again for the help.:)

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hey, Fred, I very much appreciated your, "Tasty" comment. I recorded this song, entirely in just a single pass, without layers. I trained it so many times, and is why I did it that way. Bass and drums are a PSRE 443 style, called Jazz Club. Thanks for the encouragement, Sir:)

Ask a Question