Trouble with DGX-640 digital piano

Reaction score
Hi,

The 'style' on my keyboard does not work anymore. I don't know why! What I want is a particular accompaniment with beats when I play a song. When I hit style and choose one from the dislay on the keyboard and then hit start - i see a little red light flashing by the start/stop button but i don't hear anything! Can anybody please help? I appreciate it.

Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to the owner's manual, the red light flashes when the "Sync Start" mode is active, in which case the Style will begin playing as soon as you press any of the keys in the Accompaniment section of the keyboard (as determined by the current Split Point setting). So first of all, try playing something in the lower section of the keyboard. If the Style doesn't start playing, check the Split Point setting. And if necessary, try resetting the keyboard by powering it up while holding down the uppermost white key. Just be sure you've first saved a backup of anything you want to keep, since resetting the keyboard will delete all of the current settings and Registrations.

Reaction score
According to the owner's manual, the red light flashes when the "Sync Start" mode is active, in which case the Style will begin playing as soon as you press any of the keys in the Accompaniment section of the keyboard (as determined by the current Split Point setting). So first of all, try playing something in the lower section of the keyboard. If the Style doesn't start playing, check the Split Point setting. And if necessary, try resetting the keyboard by powering it up while holding down the uppermost white key. Just be sure you've first saved a backup of anything you want to keep, since resetting the keyboard will delete all of the current settings and Registrations.
You are a genius. My son and I have been trying to get the beats to start again, but nothing we did was intuitive. You are fabulous. I was going crazy. Thank you! Thank you. Thank you! Fran Dummett

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're welcome! I'm guessing it was the Split Point setting?

You can jump directly to the Split Point setting in the Function menu by pressing the STYLE button and then holding down the ACMP button, so that might make it "too easy" to accidentally end up on the function display where you can set the Split Point.

And I think some models let you set the key where you want the Split Point to be by pressing the desired key once you're on the Split Point function screen, which might make it "too easy" to change the Split Point without being fully aware that you're doing so.

Ask a Question