What brand/model is this keyboard?

Reaction score
hello people
Im planning to buy a cheap piano with hammer action keys

I saw this one used and its built in inside this piano

Do u know what model it is?
And if it is attachable to pc for use in a daw or do i have to buy usb midi converter?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What kind of Neanderthal chops up an upright piano and sticks an electronic keyboard into it?

I have no idea of the make or model but it does have proper MIDI ports so you could use it as a MIDI controller for a DAW.

It also has line outs so it does have some sort of built in voices, probably a low end stage piano from Yamaha or Casio but it looks like a real antique. It appears to have some sort of weird ass DIN connector for a PC.

That probably dates it back before the turn of the century.

I can't tell if it has speakers built in or not from the photos.

It might have been made by Creative Labs when they bought EMU Systems.

To be honest you're buying a pig in a poke and I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $75 for it.

It's ancient, it's off brand, and it has non standard connections. Probably will die within 6 months after it starts to see regular use.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I bid 60 euros for it, i guess i will make 50 euros of it and take it apart (yeah the piano idea is stupid) and i could do some maintance to it so it will atleast last

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You bid 60 Euros on Ebay?

I hope that includes shipping.

Otherwise I'd cancel my bid and run very fast to a different auction.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Noo its in the netherlands , gonna pick it up myself with the train (yeah i once moved 2 meter tall speakers with the train)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If your plan is to refurb it and sell it you'll be lucky to earn 50 cents an hour for your time and trouble.

My advice is to walk away from it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Do u have any reccomendations for midi enabled device with hammer action clavier? On the cheap
I want to use it in my DAW

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
60 Euros cheap? Not a prayer.

250 to 500 Euros look around for a used Kurzweil SP4-8 or a used Casio PX-330 or PX-340 or a used Roland or Korg Stage Piano or maybe a used Akai MPK-88 or a Studiologic controller.

Remember, a keyboard is an electro mechanical instrument and the common points of failure are the controls and the key contacts.

All of these sold for around 1000 Euros when they were new and if they're in good shape people won't be giving them away.

Also the way the euro has been sliding in value lately price of used gear will go up relative to the purchase price of new gear.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Dont worry about the euro i live in the netherlands so the used market wont change much

Reaction score
I found the model of the 60 euro one, its a yamaha p80
I was about to say that it it is far more recent than "before turn of the century." Most keyboards from that era also had a Midi Though socket. The P80 still sells on Reverb for around $250 -300 so if you can get it for around €50, you've got a bargain, assuming it's working okay. Putting it into a piano case like that certainly is a bit dumb, as there is no access to any of the buttons, etc.

Reaction score
If your bid wins, and you go to collect your prize, do not forget to take a sledgehammer with you!

;)

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm going to buck the crowd and say that the upright piano encasement could be cool, if you've got the space for it. Makes it look more like a piece of furniture as it were. There are companies who make bland-looking piano-like shells for sticking electronic keyboards in, so this is the same idea but looks nicer if you're into the old-timey appearance of it.

Reaction score
What kind of Neanderthal chops up an upright piano and sticks an electronic keyboard into it?

I have no idea of the make or model but it does have proper MIDI ports so you could use it as a MIDI controller for a DAW.

It also has line outs so it does have some sort of built in voices, probably a low end stage piano from Yamaha or Casio but it looks like a real antique. It appears to have some sort of weird ass DIN connector for a PC.

That probably dates it back before the turn of the century.

I can't tell if it has speakers built in or not from the photos.

It might have been made by Creative Labs when they bought EMU Systems.

To be honest you're buying a pig in a poke and I wouldn't be willing to pay more than $75 for it.

It's ancient, it's off brand, and it has non standard connections. Probably will die within 6 months after it starts to see regular use.

Gary ;)
Hoi
....sort of weird ass DIN connector is used by Yamaha, youn can find the same connections on a MU90 R tonegenerator (2 x 16 channels) released in 1996 I am still using.
Mris

Ask a Question