Which keyboard do I keep?

Reaction score
Hello, I have 3 vintage keyboards. Want to try to sell 2 and keep one. Not sure which is best. One is my first keyboard from 80's yamaha psr 27 this one needs to go since you can not play chords, no more than 3 keys can work at same time, the other 2 is a yamaha psr 292 and a keyboard called The Miracle piano teaching system lol. I don't play in a band just want to learn a little piano mostly blues. Any input helps thank you

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no familiarity with the Miracle Piano Teaching System, so I would vote for keeping the PSR-292 as it has a velocity-sensitive keyboard ("Touch Response"), MIDI ports, and plenty of voices-- 120 panel voices, 480 XG voices, and 5 DJ voices. That means it should have enough built-in sounds to keep you happy for a while, plus you can use MIDI messages to change the attack/release and cutoff/resonance of those sounds. You can also use it as a MIDI keyboard controller by connecting it directly to another keyboard or sound module/tone generator with MIDI ports, or you can buy a MIDI-to-USB interface or audio interface with MIDI ports so you can use it with a DAW or play virtual instruments on your computer. I don't know what the Miracle Piano Teaching System has.

Reaction score
I have no familiarity with the M
I have no familiarity with the Miracle Piano Teaching System, so I would vote for keeping the PSR-292 as it has a velocity-sensitive keyboard ("Touch Response"), MIDI ports, and plenty of voices-- 120 panel voices, 480 XG voices, and 5 DJ voices. That means it should have enough built-in sounds to keep you happy for a while, plus you can use MIDI messages to change the attack/release and cutoff/resonance of those sounds. You can also use it as a MIDI keyboard controller by connecting it directly to another keyboard or sound module/tone generator with MIDI ports, or you can buy a MIDI-to-USB interface or audio interface with MIDI ports so you can use it with a DAW or play virtual instruments on your computer. I don't know what the Miracle Piano Teaching System has.
Thank you so much for th advice and information.!!! ;)
iracle Piano Teaching System, so I would vote for keeping the PSR-292 as it has a velocity-sensitive keyboard ("Touch Response"), MIDI ports, and plenty of voices-- 120 panel voices, 480 XG voices, and 5 DJ voices. That means it should have enough built-in sounds to keep you happy for a while, plus you can use MIDI messages to change the attack/release and cutoff/resonance of those sounds. You can also use it as a MIDI keyboard controller by connecting it directly to another keyboard or sound module/tone generator with MIDI ports, or you can buy a MIDI-to-USB interface or audio interface with MIDI ports so you can use it with a DAW or play virtual instruments on your computer. I don't know what the Miracle Piano Teaching System has.
Tj

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
In addition, the PSR-292 has 5 octaves, versus the Miracle Piano Teaching System's keyboard which has only 4 octaves. And it sounds like the MPTS is a rare collector's item, so it should be able to fetch a higher selling price than the PSR-292 would, especially if it's complete and is for one of the game consoles (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis) or the Amiga computer.

Ask a Question